Outside/inside running

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How much of your running is done outside compared to training indoors on a treadmill?

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
If you're training for your PJFT then get in the gym and on the treadmill. Once you've cracked that, then ditch the gym and train specific for your PRMC, which means out in all weathers doing a mixed bag. See @arny01's plan for that.

Good luck

Alan

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you're training for your PJFT then get in the gym and on the treadmill. Once you've cracked that, then ditch the gym and train specific for your PRMC, which means out in all weathers doing a mixed bag. See @arny01's plan for that.

Good luck

Alan

I can do the PJFT return in 9:07 so I’ll just keep practising that.

So basically I also do a BFT (outside), intervals, and a longer endurance run in my training. The longer run I’ll do outside. Do you recconmed the interval training should be done on treadmills or outside?

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
I can do the PJFT return in 9:07 so I’ll just keep practising that.

So basically I also do a BFT (outside), intervals, and a longer endurance run in my training. The longer run I’ll do outside. Do you recconmed the interval training should be done on treadmills or outside?
If you are confident of passing your PJFT then stay away from the gym and train and prepare outside.

Have a look at @arny01's plan, or @Fintan circuits. Follow tHose and they will adequately prepare you for the PRMC.

Alan

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
I do all my training outside bar practice PJFTs and sprinting (which I'm only doing inside to get used to doing that speed on a treadmill).

I imagine I'm not alone in enjoying running in the rain/snow/dark/cold, so I'm very much looking forward to having my PJFT out the way.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I do all my training outside bar practice PJFTs and sprinting (which I'm only doing inside to get used to doing that speed on a treadmill).

I imagine I'm not alone in enjoying running in the rain/snow/dark/cold, so I'm very much looking forward to having my PJFT out the way.

Yeah mate I do PJFT on treadmill obviosly. What are sprint sessions is it like interval training or completely different?

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Yeah mate I do PJFT on treadmill obviosly. What are sprint sessions is it like interval training or completely different?

Basically intervals, last night for example I did the standard 1.5 miles in 12 mins @ 2%, followed by 300m intervals for 3 miles at 15.8km/h all at 2% incline again.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Basically intervals, last night for example I did the standard 1.5 miles in 12 mins @ 2%, followed by 300m intervals for 3 miles at 15.8km/h all at 2% incline again.

Ahh ok. I do intervals but I do 0.4 mile ones so that’s 640 meters I think. U reckon I’d be better off doing shorter sprints instead of longer ones? And what speed do you do yours at mine are at 9.5 MPH *text deleted* get this up though

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Ahh never mind I didn’t realise u put the speed in there mate sorry didn’t see that bit:D

northmonkeySW

Reaction score
Ahh ok. I do intervals but I do 0.4 mile ones so that’s 640 meters I think. U reckon I’d be better off doing shorter sprints instead of longer ones? And what speed do you do yours at mine are at 9.5 MPH *text deleted* get this up though

What sort of break do you take after each sprint and how many do you do?

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What sort of break do you take after each sprint and how many do you do?

I do 6 sets of 0.4 at 9.5 mph the rest is 0.2 miles at 5.5 mph. All at 2% incline. It adds up to 3.6 miles. Reckon I might gradually add more sets in though

Carper94

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

I think you are on your own, yes. Weirdo :D

New Threads