Over training

BIGD

Reaction score
Alright lads! I have been trainin hard for prmc since june, i did injure myself a few weeks back and was unable to run so i kept my cardio up with rowing, cycling and swimming and continued with my upper body exercises, however, i have been back running for 2 weeks now and i feel my times are not improving. There getting worse if anything plus my legs are nearly always feeling tired at the start of my sessions! Do you think i might just be burnt out and over trained and should Maby take it easy! Cheers

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright mate, Good to see your on the mend again! :D When you going back to Palace Barracks to get things sorted??

Yeah you could be over training but than again mate if you've only been back to running a couple off weeks it might take time to build your legs back upto what they used to be! Rowing, cycling & swimming are great low impact exrecises & for cardio as you know, but you're probably finding that once your out on the roads its take lots more out of your legs and thats probably why your on a bit of plateau and nothing seems to be happening time wise for you. I think all you can do mate, is it do a run everyday starting off at your usual pace and then just progress the pace each run.

How many rest days have you had recently??

BIGD

Reaction score
Alright mate, your Maby right about the running because it was roughly 4 weeks without a good proper run! Im headin up on thurs for my medical and then hopefully ill have a date within the next 3 or 4 weeks, thats what i have been told! Everything goin good with you! How did you find commando last night! Made me real nervous and excited at the same time as i thought i could be doin that real soon if all goes well!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
BIGD said:
Alright mate, your Maby right about the running because it was roughly 4 weeks without a good proper run! Im headin up on thurs for my medical and then hopefully ill have a date within the next 3 or 4 weeks, thats what i have been told! Everything goin good with you! How did you find commando last night! Made me real nervous and excited at the same time as i thought i could be doin that real soon if all goes well!
Nice one mate, as you say all going well wont be long before you've got your date! :D
As for me mate, yeah trainings going well at the moment just basically on the count down now till im off to PRMC! As for commando, yeah made me feel the same way! That young officer seems to a top lad!