Overpronation

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok i'm looking for some insoles to help with my almost flat feet :p , has anyone tried 'Orthaheel sport' I believe boots stock them, if not could you recommend an off the shelf insole to try?

aussie

Reaction score
hey mate. ive got orthaheel insoles for my runners and boots. i have a high arch so i got the inserts with 4degrees lift in them. with yourself having flat feet you would need a heel with less degrees of lift. they have worked well for me so far and my shin splints are gone. go into a sports shop and try them out.

aussie

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Shins are sore when i squeeze them and i really don't want them to get worse :P

aussie

Reaction score
Shins are sore when i squeeze them and i really don't want them to get worse :P
oh ok when i had my shin splints our physio made me stop running for 3 weeks and told me to do calf raises to strengthen the calves, then after 3 weeks he made me run for 1 minute then walk for 4 minutes and repeat for 20 mins 3 times per week. then the 2nd week he made me run for 2 minutes and walk for 3 and so on each week until i was running for the full 20 minutes but i suggest you see a physio mate.

manonfire

Reaction score
Ok i'm looking for some insoles to help with my almost flat feet :p , has anyone tried 'Orthaheel sport' I believe boots stock them, if not could you recommend an off the shelf insole to try?

I've just been to see a Musculo-Skeletal Podiatrist, took one look at my trainers and basically said there a load of *text deleted**text deleted*.
Going to buy a new pair trainers with support for overpronation.
You might want to do the same mate.

S

Sotiris

Don't put anything under your feet without seeing a podiatrist first.

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just rang up and he wants £60 for a biomech assessment that lasts 45 minutes =(

What!? Not even shoes!?

manonfire

Reaction score
i know mate mine cost £60 as well. Also sold me a pair of vectorthotics which cost £70 and i've got to splash out another £80 or so on new trainers.

samski

Reaction score
superfeet

guys - try superfeet with your boots / shoes for overpronation. they're superb insoles and have really helped my pronation - around £35 - some climbing stores such as 'snow and rock' sell them and should also give you a gait analysis if your ask them - i know 'blacks' stores sell them but you might not get the same level of advice.

ta

S

www.snowandrock.com