Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Overseas Applicants Wait times

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Skullface, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Skullface

Skullface New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello humans. I sent in my application right before the Christmas holidays but apart from the whole introductory emails on getting in shape and being assigned a recruiter, silence. Is that normal for overseas applications ?

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. I'm uncertain of the seasonal working hours for all UK AFCOs but there are known delays for overseas applications due to volume. Hang on in there.

3. Skullface

Skullface New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Well if things kick off with Iran and her allies you'd think they'd be more proactive

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Oh, don't worry about that. :)
    Once the application process has been successfully completed a minimum of thirty-two weeks of Recruit Training lie ahead before possible operational deployment for personnel aged over eighteen years.

5. Skullface

Skullface New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    When you say minimum, do you mean you'll do 32 weeks(foundation to pass out) provided you aren't back trooped which results in more time?

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Yes.

7. Skullface

Skullface New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Ola people, I was wondering if it is worth transferring an application to a different AFCO ? I read on the forum that it speeds things up since the London AFCO has a huge backlog of applications.

8. Skullface

Skullface New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I was wondering if it is worth transferring an application to a different AFCO ? I read on the forum that it speeds things up since the London AFCO has a huge backlog of applications.

9. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It is my understanding that the London office initially processes applications from Commonwealth nation candidates. Once physically in the UK a candidate can choose the AFCO which bests suits his or her geographical location. But I am not a Careers Adviser. If @The guide or @CHUB! or @Ninja_Stoker spot this one of them will be able to give you a definitive answer.

The backlog of Commonwealth applications which is leading to delays is a known issue.