Overseas applications closed?

Joeysquinson

Reaction score
I cant open the overseas section in my browser for some reason.

I applied for the RMs earlier this year and was at the stage of uploading all my overseas documents such as references, criminal history, birth certificate etc. I had already mailed the formal application paper work and the nurse interview over the phone. It took my a while to get my police check and when I logged into my recruiting account the link to upload the documents had expired. I contacted the AFCO online requesting a new link and the guy just told me "overseas applications are closed for new applicants". I explained that mine was submitted months ago earlier in the year and that they had requested and been requesting my documents. He just kept retierating "applications are now closed". I received no official correspondence from the AFCO explaining this to me and my app was already in the pipeline. I also explained that I wasn't expecting on getting into the RM's next week but simple wanted to upload my documents and wait out.

Is this correct, have applications closed across the board regaradless of what stage you're at or is it only for anyone applying now?

Cheers.

Rheebound01

Reaction score
That's very strange.

I applied June and am now sorting out my interview and filling out my security clearance form. Although i sent away ALL my forms and stuff in less than a week into July. You tried emailing the overseas AFCO guy you were assigned? Did he tell you apps were closed?

Benwolf

Reaction score
as far as I understand, commonwealth apps for the year 2020 have been filled, applications expire after a few months if no action has been taken such as uploading docs etc, you should have received emails notifying you about your application expiring in 2 months time, 3 months time etc. My recommendation would be to apply early next year when it's made available to commonwealth applicants again, and have all your documents scanned and ready before hand so that when they ask you to upload them, then you can do it immediately. Thing to remember is that there are hundreds of commonwealth applicants but a limited number of slots available, so the sooner you upload all the information that is requested, the sooner your application can progress. This is just how I understand it though, maybe someone else has more accurate information.