Overseas Applications

Echus

Reaction score
Sup lads,

Any one else in the process of joining from overseas? I'm heading over to the UK from Nov-Jan to visit family, so hopefully I start to kick things off while I'm there!

USMC 1802

US Marines Officer
Reaction score
Echus,

there are a fair number of overseas applicants on this site from various places. There is also a good amount of information for overseas applicants; specifically, check here if you haven't: http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210 .

As for the time frame (Nov-Jan), you might want to get the proverbial ball rolling right now. In my case, I contacted the overseas recruiting office in London and gave them all the necessary details to make sure of my eligibility, as well as to gain an insight into the likely duration for the application process. I was told to expect 4-5 months for processing from interview to PRMC, and so far things have progressed as such; I doubt Nov-Jan is a realistic time frame. As i said, i would recommend contacting the overseas recruiting office before arriving in the UK and showing up at an AFCO.

Good luck.

aussie

Reaction score
G'day Echus

im *text deleted* over to the UK from australia in january with a couple canadian blokes and a couple of aussie blokes! where you coming from mate?

sorry mate just realised it says your from New Zealand, might pay for you to hit up Ninja Stoker.

Echus

Reaction score
Yup, I'm a bloody Kiwi! :saythat:

Well, the main purpose of my visit to the UK over xmas/nys is to visit my family etc and catch up with some of my Navy mates who are on exchange with the RN. Due to personal circumstances, I can't actually join until 2011 anyway and even that could get quite interesting... hence why I want to get things started. I will make the phone call later this week and hopefully things work out alright!

Yo Aussie, are all you guys starting training in Jan?

aussie

Reaction score
nah Echus i wish we were starting training in Jan *text deleted*. nah were moving there to start our process, weve been speaking to Ninja Stoker and hes been helping us out alot with information and what not, if we all make it in i really dont think we would start training until atleast the end of next year due to security clearances and what not unfortunately.
why cant you join until 2011 if you dont mind me asking?

James (Aussie)

Echus

Reaction score
Moving there? Hah, good stuff! Anywhere in particular, or just rocking down in London?

The reason I am looking at 2011 is pretty damn complicated... since you asked I will PM you when I have a bit more time but I need to remain subtle about this whole thing as to not jeopodise my current position.

aussie

Reaction score
yeh mate, lookin at living in manchester or liverpool? london seems damn expensive to live in haha! no worries mate get at me when you can.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll probably be joining these guys in January. I currently live in the US, although I'm not from the US. I'm a british citizen. Only lived in the US for 4 years.

chadfj

Reaction score
overseas

aussie-echus-jamie

hows it going boys, im traveling from fiji in jan to start my process as well.. lived in fiji most of my life but finished off high school in brisbane.

wish you blokes the best of luck!
.......................................................................................................
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

PaddyTheManc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im applying in january aswell, looks like i might be trooped with all you overseas folks *text deleted*. Look forward to it! Good luck people!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There is a bunch of canadians, aussies, kiwis and South Africans joining up at the moment. I even know of one american lad that just started RT

Edit + A german applicant ;)

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
add germany to that list would ya mate. british and all but living in berlin germany. not so bad, the krauts know how to have a good time ;)
already sent in my application but haven't heard back from them yet, hope the letter didn't get lost :S

Australian Son

Reaction score
Add another Aussie mate,
im not sure when im going yet stil waiting on some paperwork from the military here. how far are you all through paperwork wise?

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Add another Aussie mate,
im not sure when im going yet stil waiting on some paperwork from the military here. how far are you all through paperwork wise?
Im through almost all of the paperwork much to the relief of the man dealing with my application. Been rather lengthy process for me due to problems in application and my natural ability to find new and interesting ways to hurt myself.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I saw an advert for the New Zealand navy in Navy News magazine, it looks pretty cool. How come you're set on the royals?

christer

Reaction score
tack on another canadian, but I am starting from square one. my bro is suggesting that I just show up at the recruitment center one day but I think I would rather play it safe. I still have to figure out where I will be staying.....

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good idea, the application process can take a bit of time so its best to sort out a place to stay and possibly some work to keep you busy.

3CdoBrg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
tack on another canadian, but I am starting from square one. my bro is suggesting that I just show up at the recruitment center one day but I think I would rather play it safe. I still have to figure out where I will be staying.....
nice, im livin jjust across the water in Victoria man, and yea im in the same position as *

christer

Reaction score
we might have to stay in a hostel with a bunch of dread-locked hippies haha, oh well, I'll do whatever it takes to get over there and test myself