Overtraining?

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I’m now efectively doing Arnys gym session with a 10kg backpack once in the morning and once in the evening. Mixing this with gainers by just adding 1 rep to one set per exercise per day.

What are your thoughts on this is it overtraining?

Imperator13

Reaction score
Are you doing the 3 sets weighted 3 sets normal 3 sets assisted twice in one day? If so I’d say yes.

MillwallAlex

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@Imperator13 @arny01

I’m doing 3 weighted, 3 normal, then 1 set of max sit ups in the afternoon. So not fully arnys gym plan as there’s no assisted sets, but still most of it.

And ok thanks guys cheers for the advice. And yeah I feel it is quite taxing and doing sometimes feel too much. Any advice on how to shed it down?

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Weighted sessions max 3/4 times per week with rest days between each session. There’s nothing wrong with doing a set of press-ups to the bleep before bed, and try and beat your score each night, but early on I’d suggest you just do 3-4 weighted to assisted sessions. By the way the assisted excersises are the most important in the session. It’s where you fully exhaust the muscle. Rest is important however to allow CNS and muscular adaptation.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What are the assisted exercises/sessions?

Imperator13

Reaction score
What are the assisted exercises/sessions?

So you do 3 sets of press ups pull ups sit ups with a weight vest on ideally around 10kg (21lbs). So you do your 3 sets of press ups move on to sits ups then press ups.

Repeat this but without the weight vest on, then once you have completed those do assisted press ups (so on your knees), assisted sit ups (feet anchored) and use a assisted pull up bar if you have accesss to one if not do jump pull ups and focus on the negatives.

S

stringer98

Sorry if its been mentioned on another thread but where can i get a good 10kg vest from at a good price? Cheers.

Imperator13

Reaction score
In regards to weight vests make sure they have removeable weights not only for managing the resistance whilst training but the removable weights will be helpful in RT as you won’t have to run around CTC collecting stones in a sock!:D

Also a lot comfory and snug in your webbing for BF and Speed Runs.

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Weighted sessions max 3/4 times per week with rest days between each session. There’s nothing wrong with doing a set of press-ups to the bleep before bed, and try and beat your score each night, but early on I’d suggest you just do 3-4 weighted to assisted sessions. By the way the assisted excersises are the most important in the session. It’s where you fully exhaust the muscle. Rest is important however to allow CNS and muscular adaptation.

Would doing 3 sets of negatives to failure at the end instead of assisted work as well?

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Would doing 3 sets of negatives to failure at the end instead of assisted work as well?
Not really because your only working half the muscle group. Negatives are great for those struggling to do many reps, but in the case of this session, the aim is to fully exhaust all muscle groups involved in the excersise. Hope that makes sense?