Overtraining

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Claretmac, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Claretmac

Claretmac New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Help needed! I am the near stage where I'm near my RMAD before the PRMC. I have been making good progress with my press up gaining but I struggle to do 20, where before I was been able to do 40+. This is obviously overtraining. I was wondering if anyone could help me on how long I should train for. I don't want to do too little where it's hardly any effort, but I don't want to overtrain.. any help would be appreciated!!

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Overtraining and the effects are largely down to massive variables, look at your rest, the quality of food intake, especially your carb, protein, fat and macro intake, your fluid intake. The whole shebang! What is your recovery regieme? Recovery starts the minute your session stops, are you taking on a quality recovery drink? Followed by a good meal an hour later?

Recovery is a science, but ultimately your body will let you know when it's time to rest, and when your good to go again!!

3. Claretmac

Claretmac New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Thanks for the reply, and yeah usually have to rest days from upper body work per week. and get in protein shake as soon as i can after ( about 10 mins) my training consists, of gainers, circuit, and some weight work and more press ups or pull ups which is usually a 2 hour session. I'm just unsure weather I'm not doing enough or doing too much..

4. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    My answer isn't going to be anywhere near as scientific as the the above, but a while back I felt like my phys program was killing me off slowly...had a RMAD in the pipeline, so the week before I eased off and literally ran a couple of 3 milers and did a few press ups and sit ups. Roll on RMFA and I beat all my scores during training! Just shows that rest is massively important and especially after a few killer sessions, your body needs plenty of scran and sleep to recover!

5. Claretmac

Claretmac New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    ahh ill do that then, my RMAD is in two weeks so ill rest next week. When you had your scran did you literally eat anything? becuase ive been eating so healthy recently with no chocolate, pints, fizzy drinks etc. and i was wondering if that may have an effect