Own Boots for PRMC?

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is it true that *text deleted* not allowed to wear *text deleted* own boots on PRMC. I know u can on POC but I heard PRMC was different. Why is this and would they notice if u wore *text deleted* own issue boots neway?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I thought PRMC was conducted in trainers,
and then you get boots once/if you've past,
but I'm sure someone will correct me.

Joe

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You do the bottom field and assault course on PRMC-boots are worn for them

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just to clarify, you get boots loaned to you for the elements of PRMC that require them for the Health & Safety aspects. You will not run any great distance and therefore do not need to take your own boots & are advised against training in boots before PRMC. You cannot therefore use your own.

POC candidates are encouraged to take their own boots as they will be wearing them a great deal more & are expected to be at a higher level of preparedness overall. Officer candidates are advised to to only train in boots for the bare minimum, just to get used to it, but not to the extent that they regularly exercise in boots.

Running flat-footed in boots is one of the biggest causes of shin-splints and for that reason alone, if you don't have to, don't train in boots until you actually need to.