P.C madness

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest, I think people are sometimes thinking about it too deeply and probably getting stressed unnecesarily. Totally agree with the Colonel's observation: 'Given how stretched and how busy our forces are, it is surprising someone has time to worry about this sort of thing.' I'm equally surprised it needed saying.

Last weekend I was at a public military show in a recruiting capacity. Representatives from the Maritime Reserves and our LGBT community were also in attendance. In the name of inclusivity, in the truest sense I suggested we all pitched in the same spot.

Whilst there were a few people who many wouldn't consider of military bearing, we all had a bloody good laugh. We were kept busy all day and by the end of it came to the conclusion we were Naval Service first, the other stuff second. Hell, by the end of the day both myself and the the LGBT crew, despite our initial reservations, grudgingly admitted the Reservists weren't all that strange after all :)

The Creature of the Night

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think, at the end of the day, we’ve all got our reasons for joining up and that’s to fight for Queen, country, and rum

I did initially think the article was so-called ‘click bait’ and as I’ve not been able to ascertain its origin elsewhere I’m dubious about it
To be honest, I think people are sometimes thinking about it too deeply and probably getting stressed unnecesarily. Totally agree with the Colonel's observation: 'Given how stretched and how busy our forces are, it is surprising someone has time to worry about this sort of thing.' I'm equally surprised it needed saying.

Last weekend I was at a public military show in a recruiting capacity. Representatives from the Maritime Reserves and our LGBT community were also in attendance. In the name of inclusivity, in the truest sense I suggested we all pitched in the same spot.

Whilst there were a few people who many wouldn't consider of military bearing, we all had a bloody good laugh. We were kept busy all day and by the end of it came to the conclusion we were Naval Service first, the other stuff second. Hell, by the end of the day both myself and the the LGBT crew, despite our initial reservations, grudgingly admitted the Reservists weren't all that strange after all :)

EnteKaiser

Reaction score
Perhaps its not as bad as it seems on the surface, maybe they'll continue with the gender neutrality and apply the same standards to both men and women... fat chance, I know.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Perhaps its not as bad as it seems on the surface, maybe they'll continue with the gender neutrality and apply the same standards to both men and women... fat chance, I know.
I have great fun on the equality stuff.

One of the 'Command' Warrant Officers is a former Naval Policewoman and a stickler for tradition, rules and regulations.

Whenever possible during group meetings I suggest that people with tattoos can still do the job equally as well as those without and likewise that female hair & jewellery regulations should apply equally to males. Despite the fact I actually believe my suggestions would appeal to a wider recruiting pool, I reckon she would fail a BP test each time I mention it :)

D

dodgyknees

The issue I have with all of this is that it removes the mystique that I (somewhat old-fashionedly) believe should exist between men and women.

There is nothing worse than doing your daily business in trap A while in trap B there is the sound of a giant sized trifle hitting a wall, thunderous exhalation of gas and a smell straight from satan's backside, only to then see a young female emerge sheepishly from doing her business.

Women's toilet habits should be private, it is better all round.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
I just wonder whatever happened to the term “Unisex”; when applied to a bog in a small establishment that couldn’t afford the cost of putting in two.

Everyone seemed happy with that arrangement. :)

Alan

The Creature of the Night

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The issue I have with all of this is that it removes the mystique that I (somewhat old-fashionedly) believe should exist between men and women.

There is nothing worse than doing your daily business in trap A while in trap B there is the sound of a giant sized trifle hitting a wall, thunderous exhalation of gas and a smell straight from satan's backside, only to then see a young female emerge sheepishly from doing her business.

Women's toilet habits should be private, it is better all round.

Ha
You’ve ruined my perception of my crush on Paloma Faith now, mate. Thanks for that

DJANGO

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just wonder whatever happened to the term “Unisex”; when applied to a bog in a small establishment that couldn’t afford the cost of putting in two.

Everyone seemed happy with that arrangement. :)

Alan

It's an arrangement that makes perfect sense! I went into dorridge costa coffee this morning before work whilst desperate for a piddle and found 2 doors with so many symbols on I had to nip down to the British museum to get an heiroglyphics expert to translate and tell me that behind the doors were 2 identical bogs.

I think my point is that simple ideas get over complicated to please all the left wing loonies that gob off and cause these issues in the first place. But at the end of the day I suppose it doesn't really matter, so I'll stop waffling

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J PJFT madness! General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 2
C Madness Jollies Bar 90
Satch Madness and YAAFM Jollies Bar 0