P J F T Next Tuesday! Bloody Flapping!

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Now i dont normally flapp at things but because i failed this before xmas im a weeeeee bit nervous. Ive been training (like you lads :P) hard, running every day then a 1.5 miler at the end of the week to test my fitness. My Quads,calfs and knees are throbbing like mad, and ive got a PJFT to do next Tuesday. so....im flapping a little *text deleted*

Is anyone else going through the same thing?

take care bros!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Now i dont normally flapp at things but because i failed this before xmas im a weeeeee bit nervous. Ive been training (like you lads :P) hard, running every day then a 1.5 miler at the end of the week to test my fitness. My Quads,calfs and knees are throbbing like mad, and ive got a PJFT to do next Tuesday. so....im flapping a little *text deleted*

take care bros!

Hiya mate,

Firstly, dont be getting too worked up, I know not passing it first time round is in your head but just focus on this time and forget the last!
Treat this one like its your first time again! You know the score mate and just run it smart ... start at a good comfortable speed for you, keep building on it and take it from there, control your breathing and just keep it in your head that you're *text deleted* do this, you're *text deleted* pass!

What speed have you been running it at on the treadmill mate?

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for butting in :P but i thought if you fail it you fail it until you re-apply which has a 1 year waiting period :S.

gleneagles

Reaction score
alryt mate, mines next tuesday as well. Just think that from the last time when you failed it you will have improved a lot since then so just go in with a bit of confidence. let us know how ya get on man! good luck.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Sorry for butting in :P but i thought if you fail it you fail it until you re-apply which has a 1 year waiting period :S.
It all depends on how your afco view the fail ... obviously there will be people who fail by a mile due to the fact they didnt prepare physically and they would be told to go away until they are serious about joining the RM's, but then there are guys who will miss out but seconds, it would be harsh to tell them they have to wait 1yr to re-take the PFJT. When i did mine there was another guy running it with me and he failed, he was invired to retake in 6wks time ... so basically your afco knows the kinda person who is serious about it and who isnt!

walksof

Reaction score

take care bros!

mate you will be fine i done mine the other month, an i was flappin a bit 2. If you have a local gym just go down there an give it a quick trial run to see how you go. If you have been training ya should be fine. Take a rest day on the monday to let your muscles recover properly for the PJFT so your fresh.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah im not worried about my PJFT as i know i can do it, im just worried about my RMAD as im no where near the muscular standard and i can do hardly any pressups and my AFCO said if i dont pass they will withdraw my app..

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Thank you very very much guys. The main reason i love this site is because of the Help you get from each other. Without getting to Mushy *text deleted* the help is very much appreciated guys, thank you.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Awww how sweet of u to say hahahahha goin soft are ya gaz?? Haha just yet stuck in mate it will be easy i mean hey, u wont die. When u cant do no more just carry on. Pain dont last forever.

Good luck mate and dont fail!!