Packing for ROP

Chelonian

Reaction score
@diggernet Hope that all is going well?
Did you bring over any Aus kit which has been useful in RT?
Aside from a cracking sense of humour and Vegemite, obvs. :)

diggernet

Reaction score
Her names Megan, and the only reason she’s here is because at 350 strokes per min, 1800watt mains powered beauty she draws more current than a kettle and I couldn’t afford to run her at home.

Yeah all good here mate. No kit from home, everything issued and no give when it comes to cracking your own. Half a hand job and a pack fags for anyone who can get a jar of vegemite and a 6 pack vb in here

HAWJ94

Reaction score
Well all I need to do is take it out of the car at the station, carry it on to the train and leave it at the luggage place with my hold-all, sit on the train for two hours, then carry it off the train at Lympstone and then take it where it needs to go. If it’s a struggle carrying a ironing board then I should probably cancel my enlistment haha!

I think if you were to amazon locker it you’d probably have to wait a while before you can go collect it (unless they have amazon lockers on camp...?), therefore you’d have to buy on regardless to see you through the first week or so....

Grimey Arches

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well all I need to do is take it out of the car at the station, carry it on to the train and leave it at the luggage place with my hold-all, sit on the train for two hours, then carry it off the train at Lympstone and then take it where it needs to go. If it’s a struggle carrying a ironing board then I should probably cancel my enlistment haha!

I think if you were to amazon locker it you’d probably have to wait a while before you can go collect it (unless they have amazon lockers on camp...?), therefore you’d have to buy on regardless to see you through the first week or so....
If you have literally have no stops inbetween stations then i would say you're extremely lucky and a rarity, some lads have 3 to 5 changes and have to tackle the underground as well on top of an 5 hour journey.

HAWJ94

Reaction score
If you have literally have no stops inbetween stations then i would say you're extremely lucky and a rarity, some lads have 3 to 5 changes and have to tackle the underground as well on top of an 5 hour journey.

Very true! I guess the old phrase of ‘it depends’ comes in to play as always! Thankfully I do only have one change over which is very fortunate. If others did have 3-5 changes then I can totally sympathise that not everyone is capable of managing the logistics of it all. I know one lad who has never caught a train before.... madness.

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There is a half sized table top ironing board on Amazon. I bought that for my nod.

Chelonian

Reaction score
There is a half sized table top ironing board on Amazon. I bought that for my nod.

I've seen them. How did he get on with it? When I did RT we didn't use ironing boards. We just put a bedding blanket on a table and ironed on that.

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen them. How did he get on with it? When I did RT we didn't use ironing boards. We just put a bedding blanket on a table and ironed on that.
He stopped using it :D . I was informed it was fine for tshirts but not big enough for anything else. My dad still finds it hilarious. They just used a blanket on the floor. Also steam irons hadn't been invented.