Pain in the area between big toe and ball of foo

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Lately I’ve been experiencing a quite tight feeling in the area between the big toe and the ball of the foot on the right foot. Today I was walking to my grandads and it felt what I deem as normal - I.e. just tight. Obviously sat down for abit whilst at grandads and when I got up and came away it was really really sharp. It got to the point where I could have stopped walking, but about say 500m in walking home it started to ease off, but still quite tight. The pain happens as you lift your heel off the ground but your toes are still on the ground.

My thoughts are: perhaps it’s an overstretched tendon or ligament or even muscle which needs rest and ice for a week or two and ibropufen. I was doing deadlifts this morning so possibly I put to much force through my toes as opposed the centre and heel of the feet at one point.

I’m going to give it a week of rest/ice and will look up foot exercises/stretches on YouTube, I don’t really want to go to the doctors for obvious reasons but if it persists I will look at going to see a physio privately.

Any thoughts and advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

(I will post an update to this thread in two weeks time so it can be used as a reference point for people in the future)

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I developed a pain similar in the area you describe but on my left foot under my little toe. After some research online I suspect its metarasalgia. Have a search of the symptons of that and see if they seem familiar.

Hyperhippo

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I developed a pain similar in the area you describe but on my left foot under my little toe. After some research online I suspect its metarasalgia. Have a search of the symptons of that and see if they seem familiar.

Yes that has popped up a couple of times, what did you do/are doing to relieve it?

Cuzza22297

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I iced my foot that evening and in the morning the pain was excruciating to walk on for the first few hours. After that it started to ease up and has been fine pretty much ever since. I have felt it start to come back if I've ran on consecutive days though so I'm taking the week off running to ensure it's fully better before continuing as normal.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Pain in the fibula area Common Training Injuries 4
H Forearm pain Common Training Injuries 10
C achillies pain when running Common Training Injuries 3