Pain in the back of my head

Olliemills

Reaction score
I was circuit training last night and pushing myself really hard and it felt like something went pop at the back of my head / top of neck, then i got a banging headache.
Now when i do any hard excercise i get a headache, any idea?
P.S i've got my PRMC next week.
Cheers, Ollie

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
doesnt sound good mate, sound like a muscle or uve hurt a disc in your neck.

get a doctor to check it out mate.

cheers

james

Olliemills

Reaction score
Cheers lads, off to the doctors at 8.50 tomorrow morning!
Fingers crossed its nothing serious and it'll be better for tuesday.

Olliemills

Reaction score
Just got back from the doctors and apparently its torn fibres at the top of my spine.
with plenty of rest and heat, it should be alright for next week.
I'll just have to keep going and block out the pain if not!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds nasty, make sure you rest fully until it's fixed and your phys is nice and progressive once you go back.

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I had this once when I was bench pressing a lot of weight,I thought I had a tumor or something,went away after a few days and never returned

Olliemills

Reaction score
cheers for that mate, its going away now i think.
so hopefully i'll be able to crack on with my training programme next week and get another PRMC date!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Pain & Headaches

Strangely enough, I've just got these symptoms too. Its often caused when bench pressing.

As you push the weight up, the pressure pushes the back of your head down and after a while causes a mega headache at the base of your skull and on top. I've been told to stop training for a week and after a few days I'm finding that the headaches are starting to go away. I've also been told that its worth while putting a rolled up towel under your neck when bench pressing as this helps to take the pressure off the back of the head.

I must admit, it is worrying when it hits you, but these things are sent to test us!!

Cheers

Steve

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Pain & Headaches

Strangely enough, I've just got these symptoms too. Its often caused when bench pressing.

As you push the weight up, the pressure pushes the back of your head down and after a while causes a mega headache at the base of your skull and on top. I've been told to stop training for a week and after a few days I'm finding that the headaches are starting to go away. I've also been told that its worth while putting a rolled up towel under your neck when bench pressing as this helps to take the pressure off the back of the head.

I must admit, it is worrying when it hits you, but these things are sent to test us!!

Cheers

Steve

Olliemills

Reaction score
Just got back from the gym and everything seems to be fine now.
Ringing AFCO tomorrow to sort another PRMC date!
Cheers guys :)

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good stuff nice to hear uve got it sorted mate!