Pain on the back of knee

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Hodgo587, May 3, 2018.

1. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi I did a 5 mile run about 2 days ago an my knee has been in pain ever since around the back. I have my acquaint day in 5 days which includes a 3 mile run any advice of weather to carry on training or any heeling techniques

2. ALDL9RM

ALDL9RM New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Maybe try a lot of stretching? Idk just a thought

3. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    see a physio?

4. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Ok thanks

5. Imperator13

Imperator13 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Try doing non-impact training to keep phys up but let’s the knee heal, so rowing swimming cycling.

Stretch more often and try RICE with it on a night? Rest-Ice-Compress-Elevate (if I recall correctly).

If it still hurts on the day of your RMAD, try rearrange don’t go down and try give it your all and potentially injure your knee seriously, also you want to show you are ready for PRMC so a sore knee won’t help that.

6. marriedwithchildren

marriedwithchildren Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Could be because of your hamstrings or lower leg muscles are tight . try foam roll the whole leg twice a day. If you don't have one , you could use something round like end of a baseball bat or a rolling pin. Also try to massage your back of a knee

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

I'm not qualified to diagnose or give medical advice so I'll just throw something into the mix for consideration:

It might just be a transient niggle which will fix itself if you rest it sufficiently. Rest from strenuous exercise is not a heresy; sometimes it is the most effective option. If the pain does not diminish after a week or so consider taking physiotherapy advice.

Regardless of injury, for many a foam roller gives longer term benefits. Worth considering. Best of luck.

8. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks everyone

• Like Like x 1