Pain on the back of knee

Hodgo587

Reaction score
Hi I did a 5 mile run about 2 days ago an my knee has been in pain ever since around the back. I have my acquaint day in 5 days which includes a 3 mile run any advice of weather to carry on training or any heeling techniques

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe try a lot of stretching? Idk just a thought

S

stringer98

Hi I did a 5 mile run about 2 days ago an my knee has been in pain ever since around the back. I have my acquaint day in 5 days which includes a 3 mile run any advice of weather to carry on training or any heeling techniques
see a physio?

Imperator13

Reaction score
Try doing non-impact training to keep phys up but let’s the knee heal, so rowing swimming cycling.

Stretch more often and try RICE with it on a night? Rest-Ice-Compress-Elevate (if I recall correctly).

If it still hurts on the day of your RMAD, try rearrange don’t go down and try give it your all and potentially injure your knee seriously, also you want to show you are ready for PRMC so a sore knee won’t help that.

pacessdo

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Could be because of your hamstrings or lower leg muscles are tight . try foam roll the whole leg twice a day. If you don't have one , you could use something round like end of a baseball bat or a rolling pin. Also try to massage your back of a knee

Chelonian

Reaction score
I did a 5 mile run about 2 days ago an my knee has been in pain ever since around the back.

I'm not qualified to diagnose or give medical advice so I'll just throw something into the mix for consideration:

It might just be a transient niggle which will fix itself if you rest it sufficiently. Rest from strenuous exercise is not a heresy; sometimes it is the most effective option. If the pain does not diminish after a week or so consider taking physiotherapy advice.

Regardless of injury, for many a foam roller gives longer term benefits. Worth considering. Best of luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Constant aching pain in knee Common Training Injuries 13
A Knee pain Common Training Injuries 6
Joshusky knee cap pain Common Training Injuries 6