Pain on Top of Foot

johnny_sloth

Reaction score
Hi lads,

Seem to be experiencing pain on the top of my foot, closer to the inside, mainly after my hill sprint day. It doesn’t seem to appear after regular runs, but sticks around for a day or two after the hill sprints. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows any ways to potentially relieve this.

Thanks

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi lads,

Seem to be experiencing pain on the top of my foot, closer to the inside, mainly after my hill sprint day. It doesn’t seem to appear after regular runs, but sticks around for a day or two after the hill sprints. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows any ways to potentially relieve this.

Thanks
Hey mate, so I’m in a similar situation to you, I Injured my foot however I didn’t take time for it to heal before I started running. Now I’m having to do physio. An injury that should’ve healed in a couple of weeks , has now been the same for 3 months And I suspect I won’t be back to running for at least 5. I would say make sure you rest and call up the doctors and they will probably refer you to the nhs physio which is free. I’m currently doing it and you get given a list of exercises to build up more muscle etc in the particular exercise. They are really helpful. I would suggest that the reason why *text deleted* getting it of hill sprints is because it’s high intensity. With the injury I have it was only really painfull when I did sprinting, long distance was ok.
But for the love of god, please don’t do what I did and just shrug of the pain. It could be something small but it’s best to get it checked out rather than being out of high impact sports for months like me. Now I can’t even go on a jog

johnny_sloth

Reaction score
Hey mate, so I’m in a similar situation to you, I Injured my foot however I didn’t take time for it to heal before I started running. Now I’m having to do physio. An injury that should’ve healed in a couple of weeks , has now been the same for 3 months And I suspect I won’t be back to running for at least 5. I would say make sure you rest and call up the doctors and they will probably refer you to the nhs physio which is free. I’m currently doing it and you get given a list of exercises to build up more muscle etc in the particular exercise. They are really helpful. I would suggest that the reason why *text deleted* getting it of hill sprints is because it’s high intensity. With the injury I have it was only really painfull when I did sprinting, long distance was ok.
But for the love of god, please don’t do what I did and just shrug of the pain. It could be something small but it’s best to get it checked out rather than being out of high impact sports for months like me. Now I can’t even go on a jog
Thanks mate, I’ll take it easy until I can get it looked at. Hope your injury doesn’t keep you out too long.

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks mate, I’ll take it easy until I can get it looked at. Hope your injury doesn’t keep you out too long.
thanks mate. what I did was call up my doctors office, and they sort of gave me a diagnosis on the phone and then I had an online physio where they had me do various exercises Etc. I also have a couple face to face appointments as well. One thing that is good is that they have given my exercises to do that stretches my hamstrings and leg muscles and legs so that when I go back to running I’m more stronger etc

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M slight pain on top of foot Common Training Injuries 11
M2011 Top of leg joint pain? Common Training Injuries 10
H Forearm pain Common Training Injuries 10