Paintball

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
allright lads.

Just felt like puting this up saying if anyone has ever been paintballing, *text deleted* been 3 times and going again on Wednesday. I was just wondering if paintball is realistic to real life battles. Obviously it isnt that realistic but i find it so fun and im quite good at it but is that an advantage for joining the marines or has it got sweet naf all to do with it *text deleted*.

Please comment.

Danny.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well tactics and team work are essential skills so i suppose it is an advantage

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Helps teamskills and the such.

But if you want more realistic approach to things - look out for airsofting.
Full auto electric BB guns that sting like a motherfu...

Events are held around the country, some lasting for a few days at a time and have people in the forces attend (load of mates of mine do this when off duty).

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Helps teamskills and the such.

But if you want more realistic approach to things - look out for airsofting.
Full auto electric BB guns that sting like a motherfu...

Events are held around the country, some lasting for a few days at a time and have people in the forces attend (load of mates of mine do this when off duty).

yeah one of my mates told me about that and i might try it. sounds good.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yup,
Been pantballing about 15 times. My and my mate used to go all the time, but he's in the Army now, so we only go when he's on leave.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im organising a game at combat paintball with some freinds up at thetford, anyone want to organise a game?

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anywere you can do airsoft were they supply you with all the kit?

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye combat paintball you pay 10 deposit for the gear and gun, or you pay 30 pounds and get about 500 balls and all the gear and gun.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, various airsoft centres come with package deals, guns, eye protection, ammo etc
You'd have to google search for some places near ya though :P

S

Sotiris

War games (paintball and airsorft) are generally useless unless you're playing at competition level.

At this level you're bringing out team effort and organisation which draws parallels with any other team sport but perhaps communication is more important and intense for paintball. There are very precise tactics that need practise to be executed properly.

I was a team leader for about 3 years back in Dubai and we gamed weekly and for many competition (it's much cheeper in Dubai then here!). It was great fun but I don't think bringing it up at an interview is advisable unless you can demonstrate how you lead a team.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
allright lads.

Just felt like puting this up saying if anyone has ever been paintballing, *text deleted* been 3 times and going again on Wednesday. I was just wondering if paintball is realistic to real life battles. Obviously it isnt that realistic but i find it so fun and im quite good at it but is that an advantage for joining the marines or has it got sweet naf all to do with it *text deleted*.

Please comment.

Danny.

When i was younger i played for a team, we held a European indoor championship, and went to LA for the World Championships......it was great fun but very expensive to do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Paintball. Jollies Bar 6
J Scenario Paintball Jollies Bar 30