Paper work on re-applications?

foggers

Reaction score
I am just wondering how long the paper work on someone who applies is kept?
I was in the process of applying but cancelled it before filling out the actual application forms (I got and completed the interested forms) and then a few months later I decided to go again and filled out the proper forms and was told my file had been kept.

That happened in about... 6-7 months I think, and my AFCO changed halfway through. So I had a chat with one, including the hour long talk about my current level of knowledge. My next AFCO said he could use that talk for my application as it was less than a year.

So I filled out the forms and waited to hear from the AIB about attending a POC. Got my POC date, train warrant, course details and such things and a medical date. Annoyingly failed the medical.

Ideally I was hoping to have the forms and paperwork done by now (my failed medical was in May) but have had to take a gap year.

My question boils down to this: when I (hopefully!) go to university starting the 2009 September/October term, and meet up with my local AFCO will I have the paperwork completed before the end of the year, because I was told you had to have the main application form in before the new year to do a POC in the summer.

Thank you.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
1. I am just wondering how long the paper work on someone who applies is kept?

2...... My question boils down to this: when I (hopefully!) go to university starting the 2009 September/October term, and meet up with my local AFCO will I have the paperwork completed before the end of the year, because I was told you had to have the main application form in before the new year to do a POC in the summer.

Welcome

1. 3 years.

2. POC & AIB are only valid 12 months. You must re-apply as advised before the end of December the preceding year before entry.

Blue Man

Reaction score
Foggers mate, as Ninja states the POC and AIB are valid for 12 months. I'm going to Uni in 2009 as well, and not going to start the application process again until the start of the final year. Going to be a bit stressful with exams and so on but it gives you plenty of time to work on your application and also build up the fitness.

What are you doing at Uni and where are you hoping to go?

David

foggers

Reaction score
Planning on doing Theology and going to either Exeter or Bristol so I can do RMR.

Thanks for the info!