Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Paras v Marines - 99.9% Need not be true

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by MrMilitaryMan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. MrMilitaryMan

MrMilitaryMan New Member

Now!...first things first, UKSF are special because of how technical there job maybe and depending on the difficulty physically.

This does not mean that they are better or worse than the Infantry.:noworry:
    I have heard a lot of people being incredibly biased about the forces, people thinking that the royal marines out class the infantry or paras for example, even though they are trained pretty much in the same way.

Royal Marines train longer because of the fitness level required therefore its physical training for the most part therefore does not make them better. As having muscle will not win a battle alone. (They are trained in the same way combat wise but with just a little more muscle) :saythat:

Paratroopers train for almost the same amount of time as the infantry yet the paras are regarded as a more effective fighting force all round, they are physically fit and due to the aggressiveness of the training they are more mentally prepared therefore a better controlled balance of training. Also they possess skills which i believe the Royal Marines do not due to there combat requirements. Also more soldiers are picked from the Paratroopers to be in the SAS/SBS, which ever... and more pass because they possess a greater willpower according to statistics and results. The Royal Marines state of mind is also a closed mind.

(Let me just say that the SAS/SBS don't pick there soldiers)

Army Infantry are trained in the shortest amount of time, i have been told by an Army officer at training in Catterick that "they train more efficiently and effectively because they are forced to work harder during that time" Many people in the Army are fitter than the marines anyway it doesn't matter which regiment or force you are in everyone has there own fitness level and mentality. Also there are more career paths through the Army and you play a larger role in combat instead of just running in a shooting everything then running out again, besides in my opinion why are royal marines trained to be fitter if there job requires them to travel less distance in combat anyway just wondering anyway...
    Apparently in the last 4 decades more SAS/SBS Troopers have been trained and passed 3 years after being in the Army or the Paras than the Marines. So what does that say about the "state of mind" to you.

I believe that no matter which branch or regiment you are in each one is a special force in its own right so any aspiering people wondering which is better or worse and want to join up just go for the one which suits your lifestyle, fitness ore even personality besides noone wants to join a unit where the only form of entertainment is in the form of D*text deleted** measuring right anyway its been good posting. :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Phillip-James-Dancer/1025968312

2. MrMilitaryMan

MrMilitaryMan New Member

Fitness

Press ups:- 60 (2 Minutes)
    Sit ups:- 100 (2 Minutes)
    Pull ups/Chin ups:- 5 (In One Attempt)
    1.5 Miles (10 Minutes)

3. Camz

Camz Member

You are an idiot, and are making up facts. FACT.

I beleive it is around 40% of SF are Royal Marines, the rest are made up of RAF/RN/Army.

Your just a mong looking to stir things up. FACT.

4. ryanb132

ryanb132 Royal Marines Commando

Yes there are going to be extremely fit individuals in the Army but overall the Royal Marines are fitter and this is due to their job requirements.
    Where are you getting these statistics from that determine it's down to will power? Also "closed mind" - Care to explain?

You don't have a clue do you? Ever here about the Falklands the Royals tabbed 90 miles in 3 days over a route the Argentinians ruled out as an impossible angle of attack. And efore you come back with "that was in the 80's when did they last use their fitness like that" When did the Paras last jump into combat.
    "Apparently" - Therefore you can't say this in you're post titled "Truth/Fact.

Why are you on this forum if you're just here to slate the Royals?
    I don't want to start the old who's better RM or Para argument as they're both fine soldiers and they both serve a differant purpose.

5. JW1991

JW1991 New Member

Well I know that the sas is made up of a lot of paras but the sbs certainly isn't. your facts are all wrong aswel. I used to work at a tri forces base in wales and they had sf and sf support group and not one of the sf support group was not either a royal marine or a para. Although raf regiment were there but don't know if they were part of it. But there were no other army regiments there. So going on that then I'd say that those mentioned above must be of a higher standard of soldiering otherwise they wouldn't be supporting the special forces...surely?

6. Phantom

Phantom Royal Marines Commando

Yomped :blink1:

7. ryanb132

He seemed to army focused I didn't think he'd understand the term :blink1:

8. Phantom

Phantom Royal Marines Commando

You are forgiven :cheesy:

9. Sotiris

Sotiris Member

Royal Marines - 4% of the UK's military man power, 40% of the UK's SFs manpower.

10. JW1991

JW1991 New Member

Oh and I'm not in any way trying to put down any part of the armed forces because I do have a great amount of respect to all service personnel no matter what regiment or branch they are in. I am merely stating that royals and paras are trained to a higher standard than other regiments in the army. They are not just royal marines they are royal marines commandos which isn't something that all parts of the armed forces are trained for. The longer amount of time it takes to train a royal is so they can become a commando. You are right about people always having different levels of fitness and there will be people in the army with very high level of fitness but it doesn't just take fitness to be a royal, you have to have something else about you.

Why do people come on here and act like they know everything and try and prove it by throwing statistics that they made up? Are you actually trying to join the royal marines? Or you just on here talking out your *text deleted**text deleted*?

11. ryanb132

Couldn't agree with you more.

12. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Lads, that troll was just fishing for a few bites, and, did he get them.

Should of just told the mong to throb off.

13. Exzes

Exzes Active Member

Oh dear, someone failed selection, didn't they?

14. DPS

DPS New Member

:laugh: Must of been a Para! He was obviously looking to put the Royals down whoever he was, maybe by closed mind he meant 'focused'?

15. Strick

Strick Active Member

:uglyhammer::uglyhammer::uglyhammer:

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The Data Protection Act prevents the disclosure of any data held about an individual.

Therefore it can only be disclosed that this particular individual has absolutely no data on the tri-service recruiting database.

17. Sotiris

Sotiris Member

There's a surprise. At least he has a comfy arm chair.

18. DPS

DPS New Member

Ninja strikes....

19. Red Bull

Red Bull Member

Haha. This thread made me laugh hard!

I don't really understand why the paras hate the marines so much?

Maybe they are jelous.

Oh well I like how he hasn't replied to any of this. Hes probably sat in his comfy armchair thinking "damn... Wasn't expecting that...".

Rofl

20. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Most probably a Walt and a fantasist.

But, foremost, a throbber.