Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Paras VS Marines

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by TheBaker, Jul 23, 2008.

1. TheBaker

TheBaker Member

This has been bugging me for a while, why do some Marines have silver wings and others just green wings?

2. R. M. Pitt

R. M. Pitt New Member

thought they were all blue :S maybe some did the full p coy and others just did the jumps :dontaskme:

3. Paul-M

Paul-M New Member

Maybe silvery blue is Paras and green is Marines who have done the parachuting course. Just made that up but makes sense.

4. hobbsy

hobbsy New Member

Could depend on uniform, maybe blue is formal/general duties, and green is operational (more camoflaged), i dunno *text deleted*

5. TheBaker

TheBaker Member

No it doesn't make sense *text deleted* cause I'm talking about Marines, they wear Silver ones but some have green ones.

Maybe they just redesigned the wings and the green are older ones.. hmm

Been trying to find a pic but when you need one you can't find one! rah.

6. spartan

spartan New Member

yeah ive wondered about that too, u dont see many paras with the commando badge *text deleted*

7. TheBaker

TheBaker Member

Hmm in alot of pics of Paras i've seen, most have the Commando flash. But are Paras in 3 Cdo? I thought they were more 16 Air Assault brigade?

8. FletchPRMC

FletchPRMC New Member

Paras can do the All Arms Commando Course (AACC) This earns them the right to wear the commando flash.

Ive always wondered, if you pass the AACC you get to wear the green berret? Right?
    So I wonder if any para has every passed the AACC and then worn the green berret instead of their marron berret?

9. Seedytucker

Seedytucker New Member

don't think you're neccesarily allowed to wear green beret if you're not with 3cdo. some RM officers end up commanding army troops and i've read of one chap who wasn't allowed to wear his beret.
    Plus a para in a green beret's like tattooing a "kick here" sign to your back

10. Matt B

Matt B Royal Marines Commando

Did you know that God, our almighty Lord, is a Para!?

He failed the Commando course.

11. Stocksey

Stocksey New Member

Right, I'm *text deleted* try to explain this. Marines can gey parachute qualified by doing the jumps. I dont think marines can do p-company. Paras can become commando trained by doin the all arms commando course. they have the right to wear the army commando flash and i think the green beret. a para would rather wear a maroon beret because of the rivalry. Not sure abut the wings.

12. AdmiralAwesome

AdmiralAwesome Active Member

Are the ones with the green wings in DPMs?

If so, it's probably to go with camouflage. Silvery things tend to draw the eye, which you don't want in the field. There's different rank slides too - silver/gold for normal duties, solid black for in the field.

13. TheBaker

TheBaker Member

All of them i've seen have been in DPM's, I actually found a pic in Globe & Laurel May issue, it's a General Major wearing it.(green wings)

ALSO, why are some Commando flashes Black with a red dagger instead of the usual green one? At first I thought it was Army trained Commandos but then I saw a guy with the RMC logo and the black flash so it was clear he was a Marine.

ex: http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod...5FA5C6289748FC94CE6C328A4985CC3368CB9FF0BFCC3

14. ChrisL

ChrisL New Member

Ha thats funny *text deleted* the paras say 'God was a Marine and he failed P Coy'

15. MrBannister

MrBannister New Member

The Pathfinder Platoon "PARA"

I was just wondering whats the RM equivlent to the PARA counterparts. I'm guessing at Mountian Leader, or do the jobs differ? If so could someone give some information, i would appreciate it.

Reguards, Lee

PS: No I'm not wanting infomation on the PARA's, No id never join them, meirly out of curiosity.

16. MTW

MTW Guest

closest thing to that would be brigade reconnaissance force. the mountain leaders usually work with them. the mountain leaders wouldnt work just as a troop of mountain leaders usually, they would be integrated into other troops etc.

17. Sotiris

Sotiris Member

Nothing wrong with PARAs mate.

18. lukey boy 91

lukey boy 91 New Member

*text deleted* whats wrong with the paras like? there a sh!t hot regiment

19. spartan

spartan New Member

20. MrBannister

MrBannister New Member

Nothing wrong with them in the slightest, just to avoid the , PARA who? PARA's are army *text deleted**text deleted*'s ect ect, after all we are on a marine forum.

Reguards.