Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

The age stated on your profile is 15 years. I'm not a Careers Adviser but I'd suggest that you get stuck into AFC Harrogate and see where it takes you. The world really is your lobster. Let us know how you get on.

2. gah03

gah03 New Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Yeah I’m 16 next week, to join Harrogate you have to put down your 3 job choices and my first choice is Paras, if I get through the assesment stage for paras then my start date for Harrogate should be September. It will be 49 weeks at Harrogate then on to join phase 2 of paras, which will be tough I know. So I’m just finding out all I can now to be prepared.

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Good man. Be proactive and learn all you can to make an informed decision about your career choice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Good part of harrogate is you miss weeks 1-12 in my eyes the hardest mentaly you join at the pyshicaly harder part tac 1 onto tac 2 beat up etc. But it does certinaily catch A LOT of guys out. As the training team crank down their discipline pretty hard and quick. Not trying to use scare tactics just if you dont stay active on the forum and manage to get to itc as a potential para. That will be how it is. Youll just have to get a better 1.5 mile time and the very basic power lifts and jerry can walks to qualify and youll do various fitness tests throughout. But the rest is training with all other infantry. Focus on your maths english a lot as well incase it isnt what you want when you get to itc

• Like Like x 2