Parent

Mila

Reaction score
Hello! My son is currently going through the application stage and told me to sign up to this forum for more information about the Royal Marines. Kind of nervous for him as he has never done anything like this before but am proud he wants to o_O

EmLouWat

Reaction score
My son started his 'application' process back last year (I think around April 2020). The first lockdown was actually a blessing in disguise as the lack of attraction of pubs/clubs/house parties really gave him the opportunity to concentrate on his fitness and preparing.
He had his vpjft in September 2020 and got a start date for Oct 12th 2020.
There was some Covid related set backs that impacted upon training so his troop returned home for a few weeks but he went back down in November and is now in week 7 of his training. Its a rollercoaster *text deleted* and we wait patiently for at least one call a week to see how he is getting on.
I have found this site to be really friendly and helpful. If I know what exercise etc he is on then I use the search engine to find past threads etc.

aliharri79

Reaction score
Hi. Hope you’re son is doing ok. My son is starting the four week training soon... May I ask how your son found that? I’m feeling sick at the thought of him going *text deleted*. Any advice be appreciated. Thanks