Parents

Taylor

Reaction score
I dunno about any of you fellow youngsters, but obviously im relishing RT for my passion of wanting to become a royal marine.

But also the sence of indepedance that comes with it, ill be my own man, parents will have no hold over me anymore =]] .

I look to them for money for all my gear i need for prmc and cash and everything, so they have a hold over me until im self reliant... e.g. RT.

Oh and dont give me the " Go get a job" i had one, gave it up so my mum could get a full time job, i look after my little brother instead of her, which pisses me off more.

*text deleted* all i get is the " Go and get a job and earn your own money."

B!tch, i cant, *text deleted* im looking after *text deleted* son so u can work full time.

Man, RT cant come quick enuff. prmc first tho!

:uglyhammer:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
heh, odd i'm in the opposite position in a way. been living with the mrs now for 3 years and not really looking forward to spending so much time away from her (I.E. deployment not RT), soft as it sounds.
By the sounds of it Taylor you've got plenty of reasons to get you through RT! *text deleted*

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just had an argument with my mum and shes allways shouting, "You never do anything to help around the house!" things like that which piss me off *text deleted* i offer to do things and she always says no its ok then when i dont she goes crazy at me :noworry:

Im starting to have doubts about doing my A-Levels and leaving to join the Marines right now *text deleted*.

Is that what anyone else has at home aswell.

D

Deleted

Just had an argument with my mum and shes allways shouting, "You never do anything to help around the house!" things like that which piss me off *text deleted* i offer to do things and she always says no its ok then when i dont she goes crazy at me :noworry:

Im starting to have doubts about doing my A-Levels and leaving to join the Marines right now *text deleted*.

Is that what anyone else has at home aswell.

Exactly that. I've been looking for a job since the day I left, and most places either don't employ under 18s or have no vacancies. Today I got an earful for not getting a job.

I'm also always having things taken from me (xbox, laptop, mobile phone), for being on them late at night, even though I have nothing to do the next morning.

Also, I would love to join the RM now, but the parents won't sign the parental consent form, and threatened to boot me out of the house if I don't go to college. That's the reason I'm going to try and get in as an Officer really, after college, as I will have the qualifications.

I suppose it's for my benifit, but sometimes they just don't consider how ignorant they are at times.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get that all the time from my mam mate!

i do stuff around the house and all but when she comes in from work it never seems to be enough!
She always goes on about me earning my keep and stuff like that and how i need to get a job and it drives me crazy. I get it pretty much every day so I know how you feel!

i've already said to my self sod the A-Levels and join the Royal Marines asap and i'm only 15!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i told my parents that if they might aswell sign consent because im going to join the RM's anyway so eventually after months of livving through *text deleted**text deleted* and shouting e.t.c they signed it, i now have RMAD in 3 weeks