Partying, booze and training

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi again, obviously most of us are young lads in here, and many of us young lads tend to party alot and inevitably drink alot.

Just wanting to know how much people on here still do it despite having to constantly train, i mean when i've had alot to drink on a night out, i find it difficult to run a couple of miles the next morning, the obvious answer would be to either cut down or stop whilst training, hence the alcohol ban you get in RT.

Just wondered how other people cope?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Balls to that *text deleted*.

Go out once a week now though, mainly money issues, Im an evening runner anyway so i've usually recovered.

There isnt actually a booze ban in RT, you just have to moderate it (except for some sections where the PT and tests are so tough that they dont want anything to hinder you). It's on RN/RM site in some FAQ somewhere (tons of the buggers dotted around).

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
hence the alcohol ban you get in RT.
exsqueeze me??
i've cut right down on drinking since training for PRMC so i can cut down my weight and *text deleted* it degrades your fitness apparently

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Definately don't drink as much as i used to..was going out maybe twice a week, and drinking beers at home throughout the week, now i probably go out once or twice a month, and will have maybe 4 pints max when i do and no beers at home...just find it ruins me for the next day or two if i get too drunk.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
exsqueeze me??
i've cut right down on drinking since training for PRMC so i can cut down my weight and *text deleted* it degrades your fitness apparently

Sorry i meant that they ban it in the weeks leading up to your commando tests. Other than that, i suppose once a week can't do much harm. but i am more of spirits person and hence get pretty bad times.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yay for spirits! No side effect to spirits, its all casual drinking sir! :eek:

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well *text deleted*, its all about what you can take, if you can do ten pints and then 5 miles run the next day, then so be it. But don't over stretch yourself.. straight forward.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've just started cutting down on the partying/boozing from now on, I Was up to my 9th weekend in a row last weekend were i was boozing and partying!, Not just Saturday But friday aswell!, So you can imagine i was getting pretty bad into a habit!. So i decided that the only person who can change my ways were myself so i'm not going to even think about going out or go to any partys until i become a marine now!. I Going to work my ass off to earn that green beret and theres no way im going to *text deleted* it up just because my mates want me to go to a party with them and get sh*tfaced!.. Once you become a marine you tend to have a few awesome piss ups!. So there the days to look forward to!, not the ones now!.

Remember there's no shortcuts in life, if you want something you've *text deleted* work your arse off for it!..

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
here here *text deleted*. Every time i see my marine friend he only drinks rum and coke, no longer beer...i guess its less for the body to process.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really drink that often. But I tend to drink the night before my rest day, that way when I get back in training I'm completely fine. Before I had a heavy workout, went round my friends house and got pissed, had a nice big steak and chips and about 8 pints of cider.

Instead of protein for repairing muscles I had alcohol! Alcohol does promote muscle break down though, and lowers hormones. That's why a lot of body builders steer clear of it.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ive stopped drinking now from the age of 14 i used to get pissed at least twice a week for 2 years but ive stopped until i join the marines.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanting to know how much people on here still do it despite having to constantly train, i mean when i've had alot to drink on a night out, i find it difficult to run a couple of miles the next morning, /QUOTE]

I find it difficult to be alive after a night of drinking myself...im not one that can drink in moderation. I only go out every second week due to my training regime