Pass Degree

Ghod70

Reaction score
Hello sir, I am in the second year of a 4 year computing degree and going through recruit training with RMR, I was wondering this:

If I had to leave university and try for officer training after next year (ie after my third year at university) and was successful I would be awarded with a pass degree rather than a bachelor's degree. Would the pass degree qualify as a degree for the Royal Marines, ie would I be getting the 28k over the 14k? It's not really about the money, because I want to quit university this year and go for the YO training but it seems foolish to put all my eggs in one basket and for the sake of one more year (after this year) at uni I would get out of it with a degree.

Thanks for your help!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hello sir, I am in the second year of a 4 year computing degree and going through recruit training with RMR, I was wondering this:

If I had to leave university and try for officer training after next year (ie after my third year at university) and was successful I would be awarded with a pass degree rather than a bachelor's degree. Would the pass degree qualify as a degree for the Royal Marines, ie would I be getting the 28k over the 14k? It's not really about the money, because I want to quit university this year and go for the YO training but it seems foolish to put all my eggs in one basket and for the sake of one more year (after this year) at uni I would get out of it with a degree.

Thanks for your help!

Pending an answer off RMRO, I can advise that if you mean you will graduate with a full degree, rather than a Masters Degree, then you are still eligible to start on the £28,216 graduate rate of pay, even if it's a third class pass rather than an honours degree. A foundation Degree however, does not entitle you to the graduate rate of pay.

Hope that helps clarify.

Reaction score
Im studying for a Masters (MChem) rather than just a Bachelor (Bsc), does this affect my application / entry other than the fact ill be one year later?

Thanks

BTBY

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Im studying for a Masters (MChem) rather than just a Bachelor (Bsc), does this affect my application / entry other than the fact ill be one year later?

Thanks

BTBY

The advantage of joining with a Masters degree is that you are awarded a further 6 months seniority -in other words you should be promoted before your non Masters Grad contempories.

New Threads