Pass or fail prmc question

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by greymanx, Dec 7, 2017.

1. greymanx

greymanx Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    A quick question, if you finish the run back to CTC after your endurance course, does this mean you have passed? Will you be withdrawn from the course earlier if you haven't gained enough points / passed the criteria tests?

2. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

I fractured my ankle on the endurance course on my PRMC mate, got back to camp had a cold and hot bath. Got told by the course officer I had passed, as long as your giving everything there is no reason you should fail.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Taffinator

Taffinator New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    My mate failed on points and after bottom field they told him that he didn't meet the points and to pack his bags so i doubt you'd get to the endurance course

• Like Like x 1
  4. TacticalM

TacticalM New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    If you finish the endurance course you've basically passed mate.

The pti's on my prmc said if we complete the endurance course at a good standard we wouldn't need to do the 4 mile run back, and they stuck to their word.

Not too sure if the 4 mile run ever gets done on prmc, I personally think it's just to put thoughts into potential recruits minds to see if they'd actually attempt it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

The 4 mile run back used to be a part of PRMC.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. TacticalM

TacticalM New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Is this confirming that it's no longer part of prmc? As I have begun my application for the second time and have my prmc mid January.

7. robbo09

robbo09 Member

After the endurance course you do hare and hounds, where you’re chasing a PTI basically then it’s about a 3 mile run to camp... or it was?!?!

8. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

My sons prmc contained a "hare and hounds," followed by a 4 mile run back to CTC. However I do believe that the 4 mile run is not always done, perhaps the prmc TT, will do extra serials during the endurance course and are satisfied that the candidates have shown what they are looking for.

Perhaps it's a wise move to prepare for it? If it doesn't happen. It's a bonus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1