Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Pass out dates

Discussion in 'Pass Out' started by hop6, Mar 20, 2017.

1. guffas

guffas Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thank you, if it’s a troop less than 20 would 8 family members be acceptable or will we have to draw names out a hat ;)

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

I don't really know what the criteria is, but the "normal" pass out number is under 20 and there doesn't seem to be that many problems in accommodating everyone.
    @Illustrious would be your best bet, as he currently works at CTC and would have a better handle on things.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. guffas

guffas Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thank you :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mr S

Mr S Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @guffas , when my son passed out in January out we had up to 8 places, however, we didn't use them all along with others who also didn't use them all. Some juggling of numbers went on and one lad had 29 guests for his passout. There was 27 in his troop when they passed out (I think, can't remember 100%). The limitation is the number of people that they can get into Falkland Hall due to fire regulations.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MomsRUs

MomsRUs Gin Lover

App Stage:
    Passed AIB
    @guffas we were allocated 10 places and I needed 12 so on the advice of welfare I enclosed a letter requesting additional places to the name on the letter! Well worst mistake ever, in front of the whole troop my name was read out and my nod had to own upto me! He so got the *text deleted**text deleted* taken out of him as a lovely lady had written a lovely letter! I was not the most popular mom I can tell you!
    My advice stick with the numbers they give you or if you have a son that is willing to stick his head up get him to ask the Sgt direct!

Oh and yes I got 12 places so worth it in the end! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. Morse

Morse Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Is there a pass out forecast for 2019 does anyone know please ? Thank you in advance

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

@Morse I've changed the thread title to reflect that we are no longer in 2017 when the thread was started. Forum users should specify the Troop number in any queries to get a meaningful answer. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morse

Morse Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Haha thanks. I just saw the title and thought I wonder if we had dates I never thought to ask before then, I should have started a new thread sorry. Thank you for highlighting that tho :)

• Like Like x 1