Pass out percentages?

mark1

Reaction score
Alright lad's,
Just a generall question, does any one know the stats of how many RMR recruits actually make it through tranning to be a marine?
Cheers Mark.

marine_shull

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
not 100% sure but i *text deleted* on commando on the front it was summin like 6 originals and 26 all together or sumfink around that mark...but i wud be focusing on passing out not how many people pass out :cool:

EDIT: sorry didnt see the RMR so i have no idea sorry.

seb

Exefokker

Reaction score
0.01%!! or is the advert bull*text deleted**text deleted*e?
from the sound of it, fraidit is *text deleted* : spoke to the RM's down here at RMR Lympstone , and they said the 99.99% need not apply was the worst advertising campaign ever - apparently their applications dropped by 2/3's as a reuslt....see how the recent ad's dont mention '99.99% need not apply'.....well, theres a reson for that ! *text deleted* ~:)

Seems like about 50% make it thru PRMC, then bout (roughly ) 50% makle it thru to the green bereT (eventualy - i.e inc. back trooping) BUT, one of the commandos ethos is 'Determination', so numbers dont mater, what matters is you, and your preperation and 'can do' attitude...so go get 'em *text deleted* !! :)

keeton

Reaction score
theres more than 50% pass prmc, on ours there was about 50 lads and only about 7 or 8 failed and the training team rekoned that was about average

the 99.99% makes sense really, its doesnt mean 99.99% fail, just means that most civvys shouldnt apply because they wont get in, 60 million ppl in britain and about 6 - 7 thousand marines

any body want to work out the percentage *text deleted*

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i worked it out once that 6% of applicants will pass out as originals, but that includes the only 1 in 5 pass selcetion

Babybell

Reaction score
In a way I suppose its a little harder for RMRs to pass out.

Before anyone mis-inturprets me. I mean from the point that regulars do the 32 weeks and are being housed/fed/paid etc. Whilst reserves take a minimun of a year to earn their green lid and have to supprt themselves during that time. So I should imagine that if someone where to work out percentages, then I imagine....

...you know Im not sure about the figures. Its just because of the longer time it takes, I can imagine more reserves struggaling to complete the training. (Not because of not being capable, but because of their other commitments.)

encn

Reaction score
Yeah Babybell, I know what you meant - but then I'm also RMR :) It's not that we do anything harder, just that we have to fit all our own Phys in around our civvy job and commitments, so the personal motivation to go to the gym in your lunch break and go for a run when you get home means the mental staying power has to be pretty good - not to say it doesn't for the regs obviously!

Anyhow.....I was told that of everyone that started holding troop only 16% got their Green lid. SO 84% fail. in RMR you have to take into account people moving house/job which contibutes a good junk to those that fail, but the biggest reason is apparently people falling behind on the phys they're doing in their own time and then falling behind the rest on PT nights, so that supports what I said above.

Just concentrate on keeping your own training going and keep at it and I reckon it'll be OK - at least we've generally got longer to train for each step than the regs.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No its 40% pass out according to Commando!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
as i said, from application. as only one in five pass selection from submitting app that number must refer to RT