Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Pass The PRMC eBook

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by TangoAlpha, Oct 27, 2015.

1. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thinking of buying the Pass The PRMC eBook by Sean Lerwill. Any opinions on it?

2. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

Yeah it is a good read I'd recommend it.

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

The general feeling of the site is that there is no need to spend money on something that is free.

What secrets are you hoping to find in there that the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, this site, the serving Royals, former serving Royals on here are hiding from you for free?

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. westy

westy Well-Known Member

I have this ebook and I'd say it is good. The fitness programme Sean put in there is different to the get fit to apply tool and very PRMC specific.

My opinion, only buy it of you can afford it

5. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Pointless I think. The diaries give you a headsup what to expect. The royal marine training poster shows you how to train. The briefing shows you the targets of what you should be aiming to hit. Plenty of training program's out there to assist.
    Admittedly the only thing I bought on prep for Royal Marines was an app to help me prepare for the psychometric test, as what was out there was...lacking for my needs, but the tips I got from here was priceless.

• Like Like x 2
  6. the happy sloth

the happy sloth Well-Known Member

Buying books to pass selection is pointless.
    Want to pass prmc? Then get fit enough by doing simple circuits and running!
    As grey wing has said, there's plenty of serving royals on here to give you advice.
    Or if it's your fitness you're worried about then there's a good few PTs on here, including my self, so if you're struggling with a routine then feel free to drop me a message.

Even though PRMC is extremely hard, lots of people on this forum tend to overthink it and worry to much, just get fit, and if you've got the mental attitude YOU WILL PASS.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WelshLad97

WelshLad97 Royal Marines Commando

Hit the nail on the head! Before my PRMC I was over thinking it and getting worried, but if you train specifically for the Wednesday on PRMC you will pass the criteria tests if you've put the hours and hardwork into training. Simple.
    Like @the happy sloth has just said you just need to be running (6 milers, hill sprints, fintans, intervals, 3 milers, bleep tests, fartlek runs) and Bodyweight circuits, as long as your committed and putting 100% effort in every training session you'll be fine. Believe in your own ability and be mentally strong.
    PRMC doesn't required some magical training plan, just needs hardwork and determination!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smash

Smash Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I have read the book and he gives some solid advice and a few tips here and there but as other guys have said, it's not really any more than what you can find on here. That's not to say it's not worth reading but I wouldn't say it's essential to pass PRMC.

9. buxton

buxton New Member

Is it possible for you to tell me the name of that app I have mine coming up and want to get as much revision in as possible cheers !

10. luckyjim

luckyjim New Member

I bought the ebook before I found this forum, had I found the forum 1st I wouldn't have bought the ebook. Aside from the massive amount of information and support you will find on here the main thing is its bang up to date. If the training team threw a curve ball into the process on the Wednesday you would know about it on the Friday when someone posted a diary or an update. Not saying the ebook isn't well written and informative just everything and more that you need is in this forum and is free

11. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @buxton hello! Welcome to the forum.
    How long do you have until your test? The app was called 'ASVAB' by McGraw Hill. In hindsight the app was a complete overkill especially on the maths as it gets crazy and hard with equations and formulas, but because of it I was flying on that section. Definitely a few similar questions appeared on the psych test but nowhere near as hard so don't let it discourage you.
    Also have a look at the asvab for dummies, as despite the name, it's a bit more recently updated compared to the one I had. You can trial both for free.
    Use either one to supplement the main studying you do via GCSE bitesize website. Focus on the ks3 section as it is more thorough in explanation than the GCSE. Good luck.

12. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I bought it not long ago and can safely say 80% of it i already knew. However their are some good bits in there that mentally help you.

After all it is only a few quid so i just got it for the read.

13. buxton

buxton New Member

Ah right nice I'm just about to download the McGraw one , I have my test one the 10th .. I only really struggle on the maths part the other sections are not to bad for me ,thank you I will definitely check out the bbc bitesize also !

14. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    mate scratch that then, 10th is fast approaching and the asvab is far too complex on some questions. if you haven't actually brought it yet then don't. your time is best spent making sure you know volumes, algebra etc which can be done via bitesize! Mcgraw wont save you

15. buxton

buxton New Member

From what you have done on the test what else should I focus on apart from volumes and algebra ?

16. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    multiplication, long division. if you know your times table off by heart, would save time.
    learn what circumference, radius, pie is.
    gimmie a sec brb

17. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    really can't remember what sections I looked at. what i did originally was look at what came up on the asvab amd then hunt how to do it on the bitesize, I was making sure that I could get a good score on the asvab before applying though.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zqhs34j

algebra>looked at it all. I think graph I ignored.

shape, space and measures>perimeter, area, volume. maybe looked at measurements. looked at shapes.

numbers>rounding and estimating. decimals. fractions. percentages.

Really can't advise mate as it's been too long. but i think mainly addition, subtraction, algebra, division, multiplication are the main ones to pop up. the algebra in the test is dead easy to what I was tackling in the asvab. had me removing and rearranging equations just to find the value of a letter, jheeeezzzz.
    But I'd use it again if I had to sit another psych test. better to be over prepared than under.
    if you fail, then maybe buy it. good luck!!

18. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    in hindsight mate, the psych test is not that hard so don't over egg it, but it needs prep most definitely. have you looked at the sample questions? have you hunted through this site for past links on the psych test?

19. buxton

buxton New Member

Really appreciate all the help cheers mate yea I have been through all of the booklet and one of the websites ninja recommend they have helped a lot! just my maths I am not confident on, I bought the app you Suggested and I look at the maths one and think what the fcuk is going on here I feel really stupid *text deleted* I'll just revise every night up to the test and hope for the best I guess ... Or I could delay the test a bit I suppose

20. Wingzero

Wingzero Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    haha mate i know the feeling, proper hard core. don't delay, go for it so you know what to expect, and can also use the time to train more should you get a negative result!