Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Passed Medical

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Rhino_RM, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Rhino_RM

Rhino_RM New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Afternoon lads,

Finally! The day has come where I have passed my medical, been sat on the TMU bench for what feels like a lifetime but if you’re in the same boat don’t lose motivation because eventually it does pay off. My only bit of advice is hound your GP as they most likely will put your application to the side until directly questioned on it and when speaking to Capita make sure you get a clear answer on exactly what information they need otherwise they’ll lead you on a wild goose chase and you’ll waste a hell of a lot of time going in circles trying to obtain pieces of information which are either irrelevant, or opens a can of worms to other things they feel they then need to look into. Onto PJFT..!

• Like Like x 5
  2. 777-200

777-200 New Member

Totally agree with you. The thing I didn't realise was your GP does gets paid to provide the information requested, BUT, occupational medical information is not a priority (unless you have a private GP rather than an NHS GP)

Capita don't do themselves any favours by sending vague letters requesting information but equally GP surgeries will not waste time sending more than is actually requested. I do think you are right though, the delay is the GP not Capita.

Good luck with the PJFT - have you booked it yet?

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

A busy NHS GP surgery might have many requests to compile and despatch medical records for occupational purposes. Building a relationship with the front desk and back office staff at a GP surgery can potentially speed up the process. Introduce yourself, enthuse about your chosen career, deploy charm and politeness and see what happens. :)

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  4. Rhino_RM

Rhino_RM New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Completely agree, unfortunately its a double edged sword, Capita have a tendency to send vague letters requesting various pieces of information which in turn increases the GP's workload and generally can come across as an annoyance which is understandable. After months of back and forth it boiled down too one decent conversation with Capita to establish exactly what they needed in order for me to proceed to the next stage of the application, fluttering my eyelashes at the nurse and promising i'll be out of her hair soon and within a week i had my decision.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rhino_RM

Rhino_RM New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Cheers mate - calling the AFCO today to get it booked ASAP.

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

@Rhino_RM Well done. Proof that being politely proactive and communicating pays dividends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1