Passed my interview and medical yesterday

crisss16

Reaction score
Well had my interview and medical yesterday and passed both so next hurdle is my pjft.
He didn't ask too much about corps history just really the basics

Who are the royal marines?

What and where are the 3 commando units?

What there main aim is?

Whats the motto and what does it mean?

Whats the navys drug policy?

What are the commando tests?

What is the recruits right to leave, and how soon can he leave during rt?

Break down of recruit training?

Who have just been posted on tour right now?

So as you see really basic kinda stuff, not really any history questions, but guess it would depend on the interviewer.

And also the person that was doing my medical, it was his first day he was saying, and he was pretty lenient, and wasn't too fussy. Was worried about my skin because if have dry skin, but he passed it ok without really looking *text deleted*. And also my nose is dodgy as its bent a bit and cant breath out of one of my nostrils, but didn't really look either, was really worried about my medical, but as soon as i went in he said don't worry by the look of you i know you will pass :cool:.

At the medical, he check breathing, hearing, reflexes, ears, drug test(piss test), and other than that was just a case of yes or no to all the questions regarding medical history etc hope this helps a little for those who haven't did it, but honestly i thought they were going to be really thorough and strict, but wasn't for me.

So now just getting fit for my next hurdle for the PJFT.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Congrats on passing both and good luck for the PJFT. I hope I get a decent Dr for my medical, as I had asthma when I was younger, that's my only real concern at the moment.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well had my interview and medical yesterday and passed both so next hurdle is my pjft.
He didn't ask too much about corps history just really the basics

Who are the royal marines?

What and where are the 3 commando units?

What there main aim is?

Whats the motto and what does it mean?

Whats the navys drug policy?

What are the commando tests?

What is the recruits right to leave, and how soon can he leave during rt?

Break down of recruit training?

Who have just been posted on tour right now?

So as you see really basic kinda stuff, not really any history questions, but guess it would depend on the interviewer.

And also the person that was doing my medical, it was his first day he was saying, and he was pretty lenient, and wasn't too fussy. Was worried about my skin because if have dry skin, but he passed it ok without really looking *text deleted*. And also my nose is dodgy as its bent a bit and cant breath out of one of my nostrils, but didn't really look either, was really worried about my medical, but as soon as i went in he said don't worry by the look of you i know you will pass :cool:.

At the medical, he check breathing, hearing, reflexes, ears, drug test(piss test), and other than that was just a case of yes or no to all the questions regarding medical history etc hope this helps a little for those who haven't did it, but honestly i thought they were going to be really thorough and strict, but wasn't for me.

So now just getting fit for my next hurdle for the PJFT.

hey i just passed my interview and medical yesterday and failed my medical today- eye test, you havnt passed your medical until you have passed your eye test!

crisss16

Reaction score
I did my eye test the day after i did my psychometric Test, so yes i have passed my medical:rock::rock:, but sorry to hear about your eye test. Anything you can do, get glasses etc?

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I did my eye test the day after i did my psychometric Test, so yes i have passed my medical:rock::rock:, but sorry to hear about your eye test. Anything you can do, get glasses etc?

i already wear glasses- my optician found it appropriate to critisize me because i dont wear them 24/7, i told him i only need them for watching telly, my options are get surgery and wait another year (which is so soul destroying that i will have to start my whole application over again) or go to another opticians somewhere else and hopefully pass.

lharlowl

Reaction score
Congrats on passing both and good luck for the PJFT. I hope I get a decent Dr for my medical, as I had asthma when I was younger, that's my only real concern at the moment.

Yeah i'm in the same boat as you, only part of the application process i'm worried about, 100% confident i could pass a PRMC. Just really worried I might not even get the chance due to a condition I no longer have.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Yeah i'm in the same boat as you, only part of the application process i'm worried about, 100% confident i could pass a PRMC. Just really worried I might not even get the chance due to a condition I no longer have.

Don't know if it will make a difference or not but I've bought a peak flow meter and I'm using it 4 times every day and charting the results. Then when I go for my medical I'm going to take it with me. Hopefully that should be enough to prove that I'm ok without delaying to much.

lharlowl

Reaction score
Think i've got one of those somewhere, think doing that will really help? Do you do it after exercise as well and what's like a good score?

crisss16

Reaction score
Dont think asthma should be a problem if you had it when you were a child, becuase i had asthma when i was a child but hasn't bothered me for years. I think it has to be 4 years you have been clear from asthma, just a rough guess (some one say if is more or less) but shouldn't be a problem if you dont suffer now

Response to F.M.J =I Read your other post and your optician sounds like a bit of a Di*k, id prob try another optician if he did that to me. But good luck anyway whatever you do, *text deleted* it is sh*t h when you have been training and also the application process when you come to a hurdle, but all the best

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Think i've got one of those somewhere, think doing that will really help? Do you do it after exercise as well and what's like a good score?

I dont know how much it will help, if at all, but I just want to try and speed things up as I've been told by my AFCO that the doctor who does the medical may ask me to go to my doctors to test my peak flow readings a few times a week for 3 to 4 weeks.

http://www.peakflow.com/top_nav/normal_values/index.html

That is the chart for what you should be getting.

lharlowl

Reaction score
Cheers, thats boosted my confidence a bit i'm getting well over the average for my age and height, and thats straight after a run as well.