Passed, now PJFT

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i passed my medical which i'm happy about obviously :) But now how do i book my PJFT? Do i ring up afco or do they send me a letter or what? thanks

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
congrats mate. was it you that was worried bout your BMI *text deleted* of rugby player build? if so was it a problem at all? (i ask *text deleted* my BMI is 27- 5'11" 14 st, it's not fat (11% body fat) but i'm a bit worried bout it as i got told BMI has to be below 25)

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* quality. cheers, *text deleted* slim down anyway but just wondering.

willetts_123

Reaction score
about the PJFT

Dont worry mate the AFCO will send u a letter in the post within the next week or so! saying congratulations you have passed your medical as you well know the next step is the PJFT. They then give you the nearest place that you can take your PJFT. You then just have to ring them up and arrange a time and date, i booked mine for thursday woo!

Edd

Reaction score
They gave me the letter as soon as i passed medical, so i just went home and booked it at the gym, booked it for a good 25days or something, gave me enough time.

M

MTW

yea i got a leaflet when i came back from the medical straight to the AFCO, i think you HAVE to do it in 25 days too. you just ring up the gym and book it with them.

S

Sotiris

How does the PJFT work? Do they send someone down to spot you or does someone at the gym act on their behalf?

M

MTW

usualy head of fitness just tells you the rules, starts the treadmill, comes back half way through, then comes back towards the end, and stops the treadmill when your done and gets the time. then he emails the AFCO the time, but just ring them and tell them after you have done it and arrange your PRMC.

a_hardy

Reaction score
At the end of mine they filled a form out and stamp it bud, they send one in the post to your AFCO and then give you a copy in case the copy they sent gets "lost" etc.