Passed out of training a few weeks ago

DJM880

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads passed out of training a few weeks ago and this forum always helped me while I was joining up so any questions feel free to ask.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Alright lads passed out of training a few weeks ago and this forum always helped me while I was joining up so any questions feel free to ask.
Congratulations!! What unit you off to?

Reaction score
How different was your fitness towards the end of training compared to your fitness at PRMC?
Also congratss on passing out!

DJM880

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How different was your fitness towards the end of training compared to your fitness at PRMC?
Also congratss on passing out!
Cheers mate. My fitness for PRMC was mainly gym orientated e.g. Pull ups, press ups etc. Towards the end of training your fitness will change and you will just become very good at moving about with weight on as well as really good endurance.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Welcome to the Club!

Alan

wes3

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How many was in your troop and how many originals. How long did it take you to complete training. Congratulations. Well done

DJM880

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How many was in your troop and how many originals. How long did it take you to complete training. Congratulations. Well done
51 started and 7 originals finished. I was an original until week 29 where I picked up a knee infection so was set back 4 weeks and I then went on to pass out with that troop.

Caversham

Reaction score
51 started and 7 originals finished. I was an original until week 29 where I picked up a knee infection so was set back 4 weeks and I then went on to pass out with that troop.
Bad news on the infection, but let's be clear, no one in 43 Cdo will give a flying ferk as to whether you're an original or not. All that they will be concerned about is whether you can do the job you've been trained to do, which I'm sure you can.

Good luck on your future career

Alan

DJM880

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Bad news on the infection, but let's be clear, no one in 43 Cdo will give a flying ferk as to whether you're an original or not. All that they will be concerned about is whether you can do the job you've been trained to do, which I'm sure you can.

Good luck on your future career

Alan
Thanks, really appreciate it.

Caversham

Reaction score
Thanks, really appreciate it.
As I've said before, welcome to the Club!

All you need to do is keep your eyes open and your mouth shut. Oh, and get the wets in sprog! ;)

Alan

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Always a delight to see forum users revisit their beginning & pass on the benefit of their expeience to those that follow.

Many thanksfor taking the time and good luck with your career as a Trained Rank.

As a matter of interest, is the Dunker still a part of training, what week is the combat swimming test and which week it Final Ex nowadays?

DJM880

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Always a delight to see forum users revisit their beginning & pass on the benefit of their expeience to those that follow.

Many thanksfor taking the time and good luck with your career as a Trained Rank.

As a matter of interest, is the Dunker still a part of training, what week is the combat swimming test and which week it Final Ex nowadays?
By dunker I'm guessing you mean helo dunker drills? If so then yeah they're programmed in at week 13 I think but it varies from troop to troop if you actually do them or not. The swimming test varies from troop to troop, if the PTI feels the vast majority of the troop is ready then he will start putting lads through it. Final ex starts on the Wednesday of week 29.

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Good effort cracking training, good luck with your career there are many paths to take!

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congrats mate. When you got huntered, were you tempted to wrap entirely? What kept you motivated during those four weeks?

Dvv63

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations and well done,I imagine it must have been hard being injured with only 4 weeks to go, you're the perfect role model for some of the lads in Hunter at the moment,wishing you well for the future.

Advocado

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Final ex starts on the Wednesday of week 29.

Final ex straight into Commando tests? Gopping! So I assume you do field firing before final ex now?

Good luck at 43.