Passed out, offering advice!

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Alright lads, just looking to cure myself from abit of boredom!

Passed out recently with 731 trp as an original.

Feel free to ask me any questions about training!

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a Lincolnshire lad aswell mate, got PRMC coming up.

What would you recommend is the best thing you did in preparation for your selection and training process?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Well done Royal & welcome back!

- How many passed out as an original, counting yourself?

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done Royal & welcome back!

- How many passed out as an original, counting yourself?

Cheers Ninja, still going strong I see!

Including myself, 25 Originals. A very strong troop with alot of good lads, chuck up from the OC in the end!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
25!?

That sounds like some sort or record compared to recent troops.

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm a Lincolnshire lad aswell mate, got PRMC coming up.

What would you recommend is the best thing you did in preparation for your selection and training process?

Give the 3 miler a good go 1-2 times a week, focus on your press ups, pull ups and sit ups.. thats what you're *text deleted**text deleted** get marked on in the end!

I was in the gym quite alot too, managed 2-3 full body routines a week.

Hill sprints are the daddy too, crack on with those!

You can't really prepare for the endurance course/night out etc, i was as fresh as they come from civvy street but I enjoyed it in a weird way, you've just *text deleted* wait and see!

It is a hang out, it has to be, just keep telling yourself that eventually it will end... and it beats a 9-5 thats for sure!

Eat a tonne of food and keep hydrated, it will help you no end.

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
25!?

That sounds like some sort or record compared to recent troops.

roger, because 731trp were a "filler" troop it meant that the MOD had the creme de la creme, or so they said! Each lad in the troop has passed PRMC with a Superior pass.. no doubt in my mind that it affected the number left at the end!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
roger, because 731trp were a "filler" troop it meant that the MOD had the creme de la creme, or so they said! Each lad in the troop has passed PRMC with a Superior pass.. no doubt in my mind that it affected the number left at the end!

Hmmn, 731 was an additional troop if I remember correctly. in-between 137 & 138, but don't think it was singled-out due to level of PRMC passes achieved - maybe it was, I'll make enquiries.

The reason I'm not sure whether it was deliberately loaded with "superior passes" is this was trialled once before with no discernible difference to the outcome, come Kings Squad. One of the things that definitely does increase the number or originals is narrowing the age range of the troop, cutting out the lower & upper ages.

Garethr123

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright lads, just looking to cure myself from abit of boredom!

Passed out recently with 731 trp as an original.

Feel free to ask me any questions about training!

Awesome effort and congratulations on passing out. Needless to say as an original too - superb. Well done.

It seems only a few months ago that 731 started RT. am I right in thinking Duncan85 started with you prior to going into hunter?

Clearly no body enjoys foundation but what would you advise be for *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* through it with some sanity still??

Thanks too fr taking the time to help us potential recruits

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for coming back on! Quite a few questions really:

- Was 43cdo your preference (for FSRT/SFSG opportunities etc) or, like most recent troops, a draft?

- Did you find your troop was treated a bit more maturely and excelled at things because you were all superiors, or was there some gash blokes anyway?

- You've obviously smashed the phys while managing to keep going the gym etc, do you have a rough copy of your fitness plan for PRMC/RT?

Many thanks in advance.

TranceAddict

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done for passing out! Huge congratulations!!

What training would you recommend prior RT, anything specific or the usual?

Again, well done!
Thanks

Kev

Craigh88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

Again, well done!
Thanks

Kev

Congrats mate!! Must be an unreal feeling.
Same date as kev and same question really but with another one.
What is the first few weeks like, can you share in detail what happened?

*text deleted** seen a kitlist posted somewhere with the 'additional' items youll be needing that the afco dont tell you about and so you then have to buy down at ctc which is more expensive. Did anyone in your troop bring these bits and did the training team say anything about it?
Also what kind of reaction would they have if they found you had anti inflammatorys etc. I intend to bring some just incase but do they search your bag/lockers and confisgate these kind of things?

Macky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations! Do you know what spec your wanting to do yet?

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Awesome effort and congratulations on passing out. Needless to say as an original too - superb. Well done.

It seems only a few months ago that 731 started RT. am I right in thinking Duncan85 started with you prior to going into hunter?

Clearly no body enjoys foundation but what would you advise be for *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* through it with some sanity still??

Thanks too fr taking the time to help us potential recruits

Duncan has been discharged now mate, via the hoofin compartment syndrome!

Foundation is awful mate, it's just all admin.. admin, ADMIN! The only decent tip i can give you is learn how to iron, it'll save you a fair bit of time. Keep on top of everything and just grind it out - laugh about it if you can!

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for coming back on! Quite a few questions really:

- Was 43cdo your preference (for FSRT/SFSG opportunities etc) or, like most recent troops, a draft?

- Did you find your troop was treated a bit more maturely and excelled at things because you were all superiors, or was there some gash blokes anyway?

- You've obviously smashed the phys while managing to keep going the gym etc, do you have a rough copy of your fitness plan for PRMC/RT?

Many thanks in advance.

I put 43 as my first choice, so it was a prof for me really. Quite alot of my troop were drafted there too.
It was mainly for those opportunities and there's alot of chances to improve your soldiering up there (apparently) especially in MUC - which is *text deleted**text deleted** be my main focus first off.

It felt like our troop was treated alot fairer i'd say. We got our fair share of thrashings don't get me wrong, but no pointless ones - it kept morale high and we knew where the line was. There's always *text deleted**text deleted** be gash blokes, everywhere you go, my advice - stay clear.

Inbox me a reminder and i'll draft you one up sometime tomorrow!

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score

Again, well done!
Thanks

Kev

cheers!

The usual i guess - run (3/6 milers, fartlek) bodyweight exercises. Don't be afraid to get into the gym, get on a decent strength regime and you'll smash the first 9 weeks in the gym.
Swimming is pretty good too. eat and drink plenty! good luck.

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congrats mate!! Must be an unreal feeling.
Same date as kev and same question really but with another one.
What is the first few weeks like, can you share in detail what happened?

*text deleted** seen a kitlist posted somewhere with the 'additional' items youll be needing that the afco dont tell you about and so you then have to buy down at ctc which is more expensive. Did anyone in your troop bring these bits and did the training team say anything about it?
Also what kind of reaction would they have if they found you had anti inflammatorys etc. I intend to bring some just incase but do they search your bag/lockers and confisgate these kind of things?

I can't really go into detail.. as i don't remember the nitty gritty! basically it's alot of admin, getting used to late nights and early mornings and all that! Just keep your head down and crack on, start to shine when you get into the real part of training.

additional items, uhh what are they? just take everything the kitlist says and make sure your iron is decent!

That depends on your training team mate, some training teams ban ibuprofen etc.. some don't.
Mine didn't, although i didn't use them alot through training, only on ex when i hyperextended my knee but that was it.
Take them with you, keep them hidden and use them when you need to. good luck!

saints_mark

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congratulations! Do you know what spec your wanting to do yet?

I haven't got a clue! Combat Intelligence maybe - I just want a good stepping stone so I can go to Aircrew once I get on a JCC.

Jord-1234

Reaction score
Well done royal!

Just one question how many diamonds did you have in your troop? And how would one go about becoming one?

Many thanks