Passed pjft

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well Done mate and nice time
Cheers,
First run 12:02
Got a PB of 9:30 return run
Not breaking records but treadmills were starting to give me anxiety I was on them training for that long! Now onto the proper training!

Doyl

Reaction score
treadmills were starting to give me anxiety I was on them training for that long!
Hahahah im same with them mate, getin good times outside but its a proper graft for me to get sub 10 on the treadmills.
Did you find it easier on the day?

Hubb97

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hahahah I'm same with them mate, getin good times outside but its a proper graft for me to get sub 10 on the treadmills.
Tell me about it, not tried a flat BFT outside but was averaging 6:20 a mile for a 7x5 minute session on grass with the last one being at 5:58/mile so hoping I'd be close to 9 minutes. Come to the Nuffield treadmill and scrape a 9:56 on a mock then nearly fell off from dizziness. I'd definitely book yourself a day pass at your nearest Nuffield gym before booking a pjft just so you know what to expect!

Doyl

Reaction score
Tell me about it, not tried a flat BFT outside but was averaging 6:20 a mile for a 7x5 minute session on grass with the last one being at 5:58/mile so hoping I'd be close to 9 minutes. Come to the Nuffield treadmill and scrape a 9:56 on a mock then nearly fell off from dizziness. I'd definitely book yourself a day pass at your nearest Nuffield gym before booking a pjft just so you know what to expect!
Will do defo thanks matey

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hahahah I'm same with them mate, getin good times outside but its a proper graft for me to get sub 10 on the treadmills.

Yeah I'm my opinion pre pjft run on a treadmill for 90% of your runs and look at a wall and no music to prepare. I found the Nuffield treadmills sped up faster than my gyms treadmills and managed to get a pb, I also felt the incline didn't feel as high as my treadmills this could just be down to the frame being lower but once I started there was no way I was stopping!

Baz7193

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Congratulations.

By the way what is RMCSF?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
RMC- special forces - hopefully my career path couldn't think of a name when I made the account

Thank you

Reaction score
How does PJFT go? Does the time start from when the treadmill does? What about the rest does the treadmill reset?

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How does PJFT go? Does the time start from when the treadmill does? What about the rest does the treadmill reset?

Pt will set the incline at the very start
The speed is set before you start running so begins to get up to speed right away time begins as soon as go is pressed

The second run is started from 0:00 and is done in under 10:00 id suggest slight stretching and a walk up and down the gym to stop your legs becoming stiff during the rest period