Passed pjft

AndyBrookes1995

Reaction score
Passed my pjft today, proper happy about it! Got a 12.13 for the first run and then got a 9.50 for the second run. Not a very good run but I hate treadmills and definitley will be able to improve it from lots of road running.

Fitness first said they are going to post my letter today to the AFCO so anyone know the waiting times until I get a letter though for my interview?

jallen289

Reaction score
Well done! It was pretty quick for me but it will depend on the AFCO I think.

Harvs

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done mate! Could you tell me what training you were doing prior to PJFT?

alfaholic

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ring your afco in the morning, tell him you passed and he will book you an interview.

That's my experience anyway

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
post? they faxed mine straight after. and i passed mine on 10th march and got my interview for 3rd april, form came through earlier this week

HMGinger

Reaction score
Well done mate, I think around 3-4weeks from what I've seen! Keep us posted.

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You should get a form which they sign and you take with your. Then they email it as well. I took mine to my ca the next day. Got an interview 1-2 weeks after!

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Nice one mate we all knew you could do it.

Was it as bad as you thought?

dbar8886

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
9.50 is good mate, still a fast time. Now for the PRMC! ( you lucky so n so)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Well done.

Keep the results form in case the email doesn't get sent & proof is required.

Hopefully most people attending their PJFT are not unduly surprised when they pass as they're smart enough to have had a few simulated runs before taking it in earnest. 9:50 is a pass, sub 8:50 is 'good' when achieved as an outdoor run.

To speed things along, assuming an established training regime is well underway with targets exceeded, it maybe worth a phonecall to the AFCO to complete the selection interview & get an early PRMC.

Good luck.

AndyBrookes1995

Reaction score
Cheers lads.

Yeah woke up this morning thinking 'I am going to smash it, dont care how much it hurts'. First run was easy even though four minutes in my shoe lace got un done but no dramas there. The minutes rest was the quickest minute of my life. Was just taking in deep breaths and then he was like setting it up and just clicked the start button! Started it on 14.5 and smashed it up to 15.5 for the last 200m and then 16.5 for the next 200m.

Didn't do much training, if I am honest I didn't prepare for it all that well. All I was doing is mock runs which did help a lot though just to get the feel for it. Definitley going to train so hard for this PRMC though, hopefully I will pass the interview. Can anyone give me a link to a thread where it tells you about the interview? Cheers.

Yeah I will give it a week and if I havent got a letter in about a week and a half then I will give them a ring but the man did say he would post them it straight away for me.