Passed PJFT

darbey2000

Reaction score
how long to get prmc dates

how long does it take to get prmc dates after pjft?

Taggart91

Reaction score
You can usually choose it can normally be within a couple of weeks if you choose that and are confidant in your ability. I like myself would give it about a month to make sure that im upto excellant fitness.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
PRMC courses generally are booked when the candidate & his careers adviser are reasonably content that the candidate is ready to attend PRMC. This may not necessarily be immediately after PJFT and neither is it automatic as many people, particularly the younger candidates, are still developing their upper-body strength.

After a booking request is made, unless there are short notice cancelations, the PRMC itself is usually between 4-6 weeks later. Currently (today)there are still some places available on the 09 September PRMC for example.

Tuks

Reaction score
Prmc

PRMC courses generally are booked when the candidate & his careers adviser are reasonably content that the candidate is ready to attend PRMC. This may not necessarily be immediately after PJFT and neither is it automatic as many people, particularly the younger candidates, are still developing their upper-body strength.

After a booking request is made, unless there are short notice cancelations, the PRMC itself is usually between 4-6 weeks later. Currently (today)there are still some places available on the 09 September PRMC for example.
Just a question for Ninja. Are there still any available places for the 29th July or the 4th of August prmc dates?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just a question for Ninja. Are there still any available places for the 29th July or the 4th of August prmc dates?
The numbers attending fluctuate as people withdraw, defer their PRMC's on a virtually daily basis, but generally the places will be allocated on the next course with vacancies - September being the one that's being filled at the moment.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i passed my PJFT last Friday(9:50) felt as though i could have done better though.
As you know the gym where you did the test sends away an official confirmation of the time to your local AFCO.
how long does it take for them to get back to you so that you can organize a date for the PRMC.

any answers would be good

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If I were you mate, I wouldn't wait for them to get back to you. Call them.

The results are usually faxed through so your AFCO will probably have them now.

Give them a call. They can only say “no we don't have it yet, we'll let you know when we do”
Then call them them tomorrow.

The guy at my AFCO said he hadn't received them yet, but he still booked me on 09/09/08 PRMC.

M

MTW

just call the AFCO whenever you want to discus a prmc date you are comfortable with, the soonest i got offered was 2 weeks, but i wanted a month.

Chris92

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i'll call them tomorrow and see what they say about it
i think i might ask for one that is quite far away because i want to be able to do the amount of press ups and sit ups required to get maximum points and i want to do the 3 miler in good time as well.

justin-t

Reaction score
i got asked if i wanted 2 weeks away at first but i turned it down and i got one for 5 weeks away as it has given me more time to train
i have 12 days till PRMC now,
roll on 4th august, im hyped up and nervous for it but if i pass then hopefully 975 troop place is mine (29th september)