Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Passed PRMC

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by Joe9, Mar 17, 2019.

1. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    ^what Joe9 said, it was for the guys that had passed, again no one cared for it.

And no I don't believe the candidates that failed got the same lecture as on my PRMC they were sent home way before it took place

• Seen Seen x 1
  2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Well that’s interesting. What’s the point in that then?!

3. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    No idea to be honest, most of us thought it might have been a corps knowledge test only to be slightly relieved that it wasn't!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe9

Joe9 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ahaha, yeah, I thought that too! The guy was desperately trying to sell it to us, and it did sound decent for someone that was just starting to train for the military, just not for those that have just passed to last test before rt.

• Seen Seen x 2
  5. Joe9

Joe9 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Those that failed did get an interview /brief before they left, so they might have been told about it then. If not, the MPCT guy really misjudged his target audience.

• Seen Seen x 1
  6. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah right, it didn't cross my mind that they may have had a 1 on 1 chat with the MPCT guy prior to leaving.

It would be good for people wanting to head into the military who haven't yet decided which branch they want to apply for, also I believe the age range is 16-23 so it's really for the younger people...

• Seen Seen x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Must admit I haven't got a clue why a private civilian company that works in the education sector has access to CTC to brief people who have passed selection & are joining the Corps, whilst other companies do not get this level of access to sell their product, so far as I'm aware.

So much for the supposed PERSEC of female PRMC attendees which otherwise seems to be shrouded in a cloaking device that now precludes the publication of generic prmc results.

Possibly it's to sow the seed for those under a certain age who may opt out of training at a later stage but it seems a bit of a blunderbuss rather than sharpshooter approach.

Still, an irrelevant brief beats a Corps Knowledge Test I guess.

Strange times.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

There seems to be some crossover with this outfit and a similarly named one. The first MPCT I found was the Military Preparation College for Training. The second MPCT was the Motivational Preparation College for Training! This seems to be the umbrella outfit to other sports colleges.

Interestingly, you have to buy your own DPM combats, Polo shirt and boots, not compulsory, but will make you "fit in".

What I cannot understand is the fact that once you have passed PRMC there is very little wait until you get into RT, so why would anyone enrol into a college to "help" you in your choice of career.

Have a look and make your own mind up. It would be good if @Bootneck999 was around to give an informed opinion.
    https://mpct.co.uk/

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Seen Seen x 1
  9. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s complete manipulation of young people that don’t jnow any better, and it pressures them and their parents into paying for a second rate education.

They would be far better going to a real college and utilising their gym facilities while earning some actual qualifications not some Mickey Mouse certificate.

It’s actually appalling that CTC have allowed this. By all means let the company advertise outside or do whatever and fool whoever they want, but to be endorsed by the military and CTC? Appalling.

No doubt some officers all sat round a big bowl of caviar laughing their cheeks off while the reach arounds and cash is coming in thick and fast.
    They should be ashamed to be taking advantage of young people like that.

• Like Like x 1