Passed prmc

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
I passed my prmc this week, 33 out of 36 points A grade pass, before I went I spent a lot of time on these forums which helped a lot so if anyone has any questions fire away!! I will say prmc was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life so everyone seriously make sure you are as physically fit as you possibly can be before you go down there!

Mod Edit: PERSEC - no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=28327[/URL]

TranceAddict

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well done!! Great effort!

What did you find the hardest?
What was your training like prior your PRMC?

Congrats anyway! :bigsmile:

Kevin

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
Well done!! Great effort!

What did you find the hardest?
What was your training like prior your PRMC?

Congrats anyway! :bigsmile:

Kevin
thanks a lot!!

I and i think everyone else found the endurance course the hardest it was absolutely horrendous!!

personally i have never used any specific training programs i would just run as much as i could and and do loads of pressups situps and pullups, in general i would run around 4 miles as fast as i possibly could and then afterwards crack out a circuit, you really do need to train as hard as you possibly can!

where are you in the process mate?

TranceAddict

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Thanks!
I'm the same, I go to BMf but apart from that I just try and bang out as much running as possible.
Same with the push ups, sit ups and pull ups.

And I have my PRMC 12th June.

Kevin

Mikeywill88

Reaction score
I passed my prmc this week, 33 out of 36 points A grade pass, before I went I spent a lot of time on these forums which helped a lot so if anyone has any questions fire away!! I will say prmc was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life so everyone seriously make sure you are as physically fit as you possibly can be before you go down there!
the hardest thing was definately the endurance course just keep pushing 100%, it will finally end.The best part of the week was after endurance changing into our dry gear, soo relieving !

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
the hardest thing was definately the endurance course just keep pushing 100%, it will finally end.The best part of the week was after endurance changing into our dry gear, soo relieving !
haha definately mate, it was amazing getting in that clean gear, and thats completely right you have to just crack on and never give up, it shows what kind of person you are. which lad was you i was green 5 i cant quite remember any names apart from raoul haha

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
Thanks!
I'm the same, I go to BMf but apart from that I just try and bang out as much running as possible.
Same with the push ups, sit ups and pull ups.

And I have my PRMC 12th June.

Kevin
well good luck for then mate, also try and keep doing the bleep test, just so you no where your at, its a good way to clearly see your fitness increasing! and just keep training hard!!

TranceAddict

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ah thanks mate, yeah I will.

Good luck for RT! Should find out what troop soon!

Kevin

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Great effort. Crazy return time, how did you manage that? Also, you planning to write a prmc diary? They're a massive help!

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
haha definately mate, it was amazing getting in that clean gear, and thats completely right you have to just crack on and never give up, it shows what kind of person you are. which lad was you i was green 5 i cant quite remember any names apart from raoul haha
I was green 6, I was your carry buddy on the endurance and bottom field! how he devil are you?

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Great effort. Crazy return time, how did you manage that? Also, you planning to write a prmc diary? They're a massive help!
I will be writing a diary today of what I can remember!!

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
I was green 6, I was your carry buddy on the endurance and bottom field! how he devil are you?
Haha nice one buddy, I'm not to bad now, still recovering to be honest but feeling good, thinking back on it now it was an awesome experience, how are you have you spoke to your Afco yet?

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
To tell you the truth mate I have no idea, in training my fastest return was around 9 minutes and 10 seconds but on the day I think all the competition helps, it's good because your all in the same boat and help each other out but at the same time you all subconsciously want to be that first man back so it does make you run faster, and also I will do a diary as soon as I get chance!!

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Haha nice one buddy, I'm not to bad now, still recovering to be honest but feeling good, thinking back on it now it was an awesome experience, how are you have you spoke to your Afco yet?
I'm ok, I have a few little knocks I'm dealing with but nothing bad. Sports massage is booked in & I'll be back training asap.

I have yeah, I got to ring him today for clarification of my joining date.

As soon as I know I'll post it!

L. Spradbury

Reaction score
I'm ok, I have a few little knocks I'm dealing with but nothing bad. Sports massage is booked in & I'll be back training asap.

I have yeah, I got to ring him today for clarification of my joining date.

As soon as I know I'll post it!
Yeah same here, first day back my left leg kept buckling under me every so often but now I'm pretty much normal again, and yeah make sure you let us no I could be in the same troop as you!!

GingerjoeRM

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers for answering, and yet again great effort getting superiors! I look forward to your diaries !! :toung:

Alex.T

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yeah same here, first day back my left leg kept buckling under me every so often but now I'm pretty much normal again, and yeah make sure you let us no I could be in the same troop as you!!
where did you come in the run? like what number was you lad?