Passed psychometric test yesterday

Jack94

Reaction score
Passed my psychometric test yesterday and I have my interview in 15 days. Any questions about the test ask away, and if anybody has any advice on specific things I should be working on for the interview I'd be really grateful to hear from you too.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the site & well done on passing the recruit test, first hurdle cracked.

Did you use the RN practice "app" and if so was it useful?

Jack94

Reaction score
Thankyou ninja. Yeah the RN practice app was a real help, it literally is exactly the same as the real test, just slightly different questions. The officer who did our test with us said that we are lucky to have it because there's been debate about it being to similar to the real thing. Not that I'm complaining haha

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, I've been in a few animated discussions over the practice test myself in recent weeks.

Ideally a psychometric test should be taken without revision in the truest sense of psychometric testing and the principles behind it.

The recruit test was introduced more than half a century ago to basically test the intellectual capacity of those without O Levels (GCSEs) to check they had the aptitude to be trained and adequate numeracy &-literacy skills. Arguably, those with three or more GCSEs including maths, English &-science at grade 4 (C) or better, shouldn't need to take a test and the reason behind the test has evolved over time, being adapted to fit different branch training requirements.

No one has been able to adequately explain why the recruit test is only valid three years.

At present I'm of the opinion it's become a memory test rather than psychometric test but fully agree the "practice app" should be used as it very much helps and no-one knows whether or not the practice test will be available in the future.

LUFCMad

Reaction score
i didnt revise for mine @Ninja_Stoker, smashed first 3 tests scoring 23/21/23 but on the mechanical reasoning i didnt even know that was a part of it and the time limit got to me. completed 20/30 and got 9 correct. so i failed. got my re-sit on the 17th may, much more prepared for it this time. seen as i know how many i need to pass and what its all about now.

ALDL9RM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Where can I find the app for practising please guys?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Rather amusingly the RN & RM practice tests are exactly the same except one is in green, the other is in navy blue livery.

I did suggest we should perhaps have pink & blue versions, but was punched by a female colleague. :(