Passport

chris1988

Reaction score
hi, ive just got an issue with a passport on the letter i got give for my interview dates and everything it mentions there has to be a valid passport, but i dont have a valid passport i dont really want to be having to pay 72 quid out for somthing i dont actually need!

pkease help

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You won't need to bring the passport to the interview but you will NEED one before you start training to take with you.

And I agree about the price, f'ing ridiculous, I should have got the AFCO to pay for it cause I don't need a passport otherwise.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As correctly stated you need a passport as condition of entry & must produce a valid one at your AFCO before you physically join. The services will renew your passport after you have joined, but not before.You may buy one after you have passed selection if you wish but you cannot start training without one unfortunately.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would disagree with a person not needing a valid passport, in this day and age it is an essential document that a person should obtain.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
I would disagree with a person not needing a valid passport, in this day and age it is an essential document that a person should obtain.
I understand that Chris,
but for something that everyone should have,
it does cost quite a lot of money,
and it gets more expensive each year.

Joe

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* get their money in other ways these days!
Not like any of it goes anywhere useful but oh well, we elected the prats.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
*text deleted* get their money in other ways these days!
Not like any of it goes anywhere useful but oh well, we elected the prats.
yeah,
well not me,
I'm not 18 'til August.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that Chris,
but for something that everyone should have,
it does cost quite a lot of money,
and it gets more expensive each year.

Joe
Yeah it is a tad expensive, i had to get my one through the British High Commission back home and it cost a fortune as the South African Rand to Pound exchange rate is horrible.