Patella tendonitis

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, so recently I’ve been feeling a tightness and soreness just below my knee cap. Not under it but more directly under between my knee cap and my shin bone. It becomes sore when I run and is stiff and sore in the evenings when I straighten my leg or attempt to squat. My doctor says it’s known as “jumpers knee” and is just mild patella tendonitis. He has given me strong anti inflammatory and a gel to apply which is helping. But does anyone have any experience with this or any tips on how to get rid of this or help it?

mrar32

Reaction score
Go on YouTube and look at Ben Patrick’s (knees over toes guy) channel. Everything you need to know about knee issues is addressed in detail there. Alongside that, start incorporating strength training in your programming. Employ heavy compound lifts such as squats and deadlifts. This coupled with mobility work will help you stay injury free.

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I uploaded his programme:

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I uploaded his programme:
What’s your background please?

AsdaOwn

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sports rehab and CF coaching
Ok thanks for the help. Do you recommend resting until the pain just fades away or is it worth stretching it somehow? Pain increases after exercises. Especially squats and running

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the help. Do you recommend resting until the pain just fades away or is it worth stretching it somehow? Pain increases after exercises. Especially squats and running
Follow your doctors advice. I would definitely rest it! Very light movement (non impact, like massaging or knee extensions within a pain free range) can help with recovery but rest it as you were advised. Focus your attention on the movements you can do pain free: upper body and core. In a few days time you are probably going to feel better and start building back your legs SLOWLY.