pay and conditions

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just wanted to know how much you get a week in rt or how much you get a month, i know that you get £275 a week or something like that but ive also heard that if your bed is not made correctly then they take it out of your wages and stuff like that is this true?
im not joining up for the money *text deleted* i just want to know, please reply

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Rates of pay are listed on the Marines website here : http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6903

As for taking wages off you for not making bed correctly i cant say i have ever heard of it myself and i can only think of the amount of paperwork that would follow such action to be rather large so cant see it happening myself but thats just speculation on my part.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
it doesn't seem realistic that they'd dock your wages for not having your bed made.

Sounds a bit mad, a beatin sounds more like it.

Could anyone in RT tell me what wages you actually have in the bank after 1 month ? like after tax and all that, what exactly do you get ?

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You will do your bed, believe me, everyone does it and you wouldn't want to be the odd one out getting thrashed for it - you're wages don't get docked, i got about 700 a month paid into my account in RT. At week 15 the pay goes up, don't know how much.

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i would have thought it was illegal to dock anyones wages.

you take home about £770 a month after tax, food, accomodation deductions.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So after training you'll be taking home around £13,000 a year.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So after training you'll be taking home around £13,000 a year.
Pay goes upto 16000(not exact)after training but after all the accom/food costs and what not it might be 13 g?

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Still less than you'd pay in civvie life ;)
Was over 3 grand for me in 10 months as a student so yea... that was living on the cheap *text deleted*. No car, cheap food, cheap nights out, *text deleted**text deleted* house..