Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

PC gone mad

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by The Creature of the Night, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Creature of the Night

The Creature of the Night Member

App Stage:
    TMU
  2. wes3

wes3 Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    So women are treated nicer than men.....discrimination.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. BLM

BLM Active Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Any woman mad enough...

4. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If it is true (which I hopefully doubt) at least the physical standards wont change as they have in most other areas.

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

It's almost certainly the product of a lazy journalist's limited imagination. Whatever one's opinion on the female Royal Marines Commandos project most of the aspiring female forum users on this site would be insulted by the notion that coarse language would be a barrier.

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  6. Joshusky

Joshusky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...rine-no-shouting-training-lympstone-devon/amp

My apologies if my mindset is a bit too harsh but if this is true it really annoys me. No standard should be slipped, especially in respect of feelings. We need to get out of this snowflake mindset.

If you're joining for the royal marines you should know what you are getting yourself in for, it obviously isn't going to be a walk in the park. If you're not mentally ready to be shouted at, you're not mentally ready for 32 weeks of grueling training and especially not ready for the possible need to fight.

I've always said this, especially in recent times with governments adhering to snowflake needs, but if you cradle and give people safe spaces instead of showing people how shi*text deleted*y the world can be, if sh*t hits the fan, those people are going to be mentally affected 100x worse.

What are people's opinions on this? Maybe I'm overthinking it and getting overly annoyed but I just think it's becoming a joke that we have to adhere to not offending people's feelings, especially in a military aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Beyond the quote: Major General Charlie Strickland said: "There will be absolutely no changes to Commando standards, training will be the same for men and women. I wholeheartedly encourage interested men or women to give it a go." ....

I think we can safely say the rest is journalistic fabrication along the lines of the non-stories about "I'm a celebrity" masquerading as news.

• Like Like x 2
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  8. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    mate I completely agree but no stress cause this is definitely BS the language and banter is half of it so would be mightily pissed if this was the case
    ^ another thing about the RM that I like cause they don't treat females different/make standards lower.

9. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    • Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  10. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    yeah I hope you're just pissing about, ya *text deleted*
    and they probably aren't going to change those titles

11. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i am not pissing about, that's my opinion and honestly all the best with the process but i don't think you should be there.

• Disagree. Disagree. x 1
  12. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    right but saying having women in the military is 'cancerous' and the 'death of our military' is just *text deleted*ing ridiculous like whats your problem with it. take the royal marines, granted it probably will be harder for women to get in but if they meet the standards which are no different to those for men why shouldn't they join..?
    but thanks for all the best and right back at you with whatever service you end up joining

13. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Regardless of the topic under discussion forum users are reminded that they should remain respectful to others on this forum. If unable to comply offending forum users will receive a ban.

As for this specific issue the Royal Marines have stated that it in common with other services females will be permitted to apply for close combat roles. Neither I nor anyone else on this forum shapes Government policy, so please just get over it. Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. springbok

springbok New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Noted

15. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i have many problems with it because i believe in the biology of it all, i believe in several cases women are here to do the things men cannot, i believe there is no equality in war, and my choice of wording does not matter. in the rare case they can meet standards then good on them, however, serving in the military is a lot more than meeting standards and going through training. standards have already changed to meet women joining and most still cannot. i also think that if women want to be in the infantry they should have an all female unit to see how they do such as the Kurdish YPJ. i will also add that there are several arguments against women joining such units and the only argument for women joining is lets be *text deleted*ing diverse like a bunch of *text deleted*s.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  16. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i don't have to get over *text deleted* i am entitled to my opinion and i merely stated it i also did remain respectful to her choice and i think you both can be respectful of my opinion even if you disagree with it.

17. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

My comment was directed at both forum users in recent posts and for the information of others. I do not intend to debate the matter further.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Ok. This topic has been thrashed to death over the last couple of years and to echo @Chelonian's comments, respect is the mainstay of this forum.

So users, including those who have not contributed, but have strong feelings on this subject, should now take a step back and think about what they post. If respect is not given then bans WILL be used.

Alan

• Like Like x 2
  19. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

Well this got serious quickly, women in infantry roles has worked well for Israel and Russia so who knows what the future holds. On a serious note though and this goes out to everyone. women are now joining the Corp, if you don’t like it or are so unhappy about the decision then don’t join up. The decision has been made way above any of our pay scales so you either crack on with your joining process or don’t bother

Oh and on a side note for all you aspiring Paras Women are also able to join the “Reg” from Feb next year. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    what about respect to people beliefs other then your own?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.