PC gone mad

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by The Creature of the Night, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    in russia they allow it to bulk up there forces and even then russian women do not serve infantry, furthermore it does not work well in /israel, so many women get injured in training and have sued the government because of this.

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

You are obviously not going to let this one go. So for the last time, back down and take a few hours off.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
  3. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    as i stated before all of youse got involved, it is my opinion, i merely stated it at the beginning i respect all your opinions and if you cannot respect my own you can back down too and have you opinions and i will have mine.

4. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

Israel women have there own Sniper platoon and Russia has there own 155m OP detachment. Pretty frontline in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  5. Caversham

You've just got yourself a one month ban.

Alan

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Gen Dit x 1
    • Hoofin x 1
    • Nailed It x 1
  6. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  7. Corvo50

Corvo50 Royal Marines Commando

• Like Like x 1
  8. BLM

BLM Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    As a woman, my daily war is fought on the front line in the house, at my work where I am a Director, raising child with a military father, at school and in social environments. You are judged as a woman, as a mother, in your career, as a family, on the running of your household and you fight all this plus inequality. Any woman who wants to serve, may God bless her on the daring up taking. We. Have enough on our plates as it is, let the men do something for a change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BLM

BLM Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    P.s, my post is light hearted with a peppering of truth :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I hope all the women who are hoping to join are not put off by this sort of nonsense. All you can do is play by the rules as they apply at the time and whether some like it or not women are just as entitled to apply as men. I can assure you that while some may disagree with the policy of putting women in close combat roles, most of us serving will be hugely supportive of you giving it a shot.

Good luck to all those applying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  11. Caversham

I'm off to do the washing up then! :)

Alan

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  12. BLM

BLM Member

App Stage:
    Partner
    Don't just talk about it.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boggy

Boggy Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I was tempted to bring this thread to the attention of Mrs Boggy , but I wouldn't want her to get me banned from the forum with her reply. If there is no lowering of standards either physical or psychological then surely the person passing out of RT with a green lid is a RMC , whether male or female. Those young women who want to take up the challenge don't seem to be asking for any preferential treatment, quite the opposite , so good luck to them. Of course, you will always need at least one bloke in a patrol to read the map :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 2
  14. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Screenshot_20181217-204502_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. AKayyMH

AKayyMH New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Regarding women in combat, I've read a lot about this and people hardly mention these two things:

- Where is the morality in sending women to warfare? Don't nations go to war to defend their women and children?

- Are we ready to send women to the horrors of war where people are shot, blown up, beaten up, stabbed, beheaded, obliterated...?

We don't even have male vs. female boxing, but we have male vs. female death and destruction now... At the end of the day, that's the business the military is in. A woman has to ask herself does she really want to have a killing battle with ferocious brave men in their most primitive and barbaric state? I have heard stories of soldiers getting so close to the enemy in Iraq and Afghanistan I'd hate to imagine a woman in that situation. US Marine Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyers said he was in a struggle with a Taliban fighter and had to smash his head with a rock. (Search 'Jocko Podcast 115 with Dakota Meyer')

I hope I didn't say anything wrong.

16. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Some of the bravest serving personnel
    Are female medics. Many of whom actually experienced the horrors of war on a frequent basis on Telic and Herrick.

• Like Like x 6
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. Corona

Corona Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not quite so recent but during world war 2, a lot of SOE operatives were female. A book called forgotten voices of World War 2 has some accounts of it, its *text deleted*ing brutal stuff. Not only did they work in the SOE, but in resistance movements too.

I'm fairly sure there are Kurdish units right now with females fighting on the frontline(ypj I think?)

I remember hearing a valid point recentely of "The enemy don't discriminate, why should we"
    As long as no standards are lowered, that's all that matters surely? (Although I could be blind to something)

• Like Like x 2
  18. tripp

tripp New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Look at what female police officers face on a daily basis. I’m not comparing that to combat at all but I know that personally, police officers get grief from all sorts of people on a daily basis. Again, in no way am I comparing the police force to the RM or combat.
    The only area that concerns me is; if there’s a combat situation, you have 2 of your team down (one male one female). Ever since the days of the caveman, men have a natural instinct to help females first which in a certain instance, may or may not be the best thing to do during a firefight.

19. AKayyMH

AKayyMH New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I know the Afghan war was bad, but in a more conventional war where thousands of soldiers are lost in a day, and facing an actual army, would you be okay if young women were in the trenches of WW1? Or being slaughtered by machine gun fire in the beaches of Normandy, or get decapitated by a 50.cal sniper rifle in WW3? That comes down to my first point of the morality of this. I strongly believe, deep down, before all the politics, liberal ideologies, etc, deep down, we all know women shouldn't be hurt, fighting against men. It's part of innate morality. Like murder and theft is wrong, fighting a woman is wrong too... In a street fight, if two men fight, we all may watch for a minute, but if a man fights a woman, we'd intervene straight away... Gender equality isn't part of our innate morality, it's an indoctrinated ideology.

To all those who believe this is a good idea, watch the first 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan another time, and ask yourself again if women should be there. A totally moral question. It's not about can they do it, it's about should they do it? A 'child' fighting aged male (14-17) can be effectively used to harm the enemy, but should he be used? No, for moral reasons. Same with women. To you all giving examples of females fighting in wars in the past, there's probably much more examples of under 18 males fighting in wars in the past. Like all the child soldiers in WW1. Or even something more amazing. A famous Arab Usama bin Zayd was around 17 years old when he commanded an army that faced the Romans in The Levant, back in the early 7th century. A general! Commanding thousands of men. Being in the battle, only a teenager. He was victorious and survived.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  20. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

It’s not up to me or you to decide the moral issues or indeed weigh up the rights and wrongs! The decision has been made, it’s been flogged to absolute death on here!

All I know is that if I caught it up, and a female medic was there, I wouldn’t give a toss about anything else other than her ability to administer medical aid!! The same would apply if I was in a fire fight, if she could pull her weight and be as able as a male, I wouldn’t care a toss!

It’s a different debate if it proves that women cannot deliver! But it hasn’t been tried yet! Weather it fails or succeeds has not yet been understood.

• Like Like x 3
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.