PC gone mad

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by The Creature of the Night, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Agreed. I'm all for equality, me.

It's laughable from any angle to suggest a male has the right to dictate what a female can or can't do whilst automatically assuming the authoritative position as a guardian of morality & decency with zero first-hand experience of the subject matter. I'm beginning to realise the enormity of the systemic misogyny that exists, having seen some of the nonsense on this thread....and I'm a 57 year old bloke!

As @Old Man often says "Get a grip" ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  2. R

R Well-Known Member

I always enjoy @Ninja_Stoker coming in as the level headed voice of reason.

But for most of this thread here is my visual contribution:
    [​IMG]

• Hoofin Hoofin x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Omega

Omega Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    desktop.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  4. AKayyMH

AKayyMH New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    'If it ain't broke don't fit it'

Here's some insight from a former US Marine infantryman who saw brutal combat in Al-Anbar Province, Iraq:

I'm sure his opinions are worth a lot.

5. Wessex

Wessex Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I’m sure he knows loads about being a woman. But all he’s doing is bleating on about exactly the same ‘save the poor women!’ stuff as you were and talking down and blah blah blah.

Fact is, women are going to start doing this. If they fail, they fail if they don’t, then let them get on with it. If some women get blown up then some tabloid will use it for a front page rant and it will sell papers but in reality, a woman getting blown up is the same as a man getting blown up. Terrorist attacks, plane crashes, badly aimed missiles hitting the local market kill women the same as they kill men. But a woman actually CHOOSES to put her life on the line and you want to tell her that you can’t handle her doing that? Tough. Women get killed in brutal ways by their male partners on a daily basis and yet a woman CHOOSES to put herself in a brutal situation but this time with training and support and you tell her she can’t? I have actually had a female friend who was murdered in Britain and literally cut in to pieces for disposal including beheading by a man known to her and it didn’t even make front page news. So a wartime female beheading making front page news is media choice and nothing more.

Women often get accused of whining but it’s funny how all the whining comes from men on these threads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  6. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

I'm sure they're not.

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. AKayyMH

AKayyMH New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    So an infantry marine who saw combat, lost mates, and has lived the infantry life has no valuable opinions? Why is that? Who's opinion is valuable?

8. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Not yours, purely because everyone is fed up with this topic. Time to take a break.

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.