Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Peak Flow Inquiry

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by cantthinkofaname, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cantthinkofaname

cantthinkofaname New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi,

So, there has been many posts about peak flow issues etc. However, I wanted to clear something up in regards to whether the peak flow diary is still in use. Ninja said it is not 'mandatory' for those who have suffered with Asthma, but does that mean it will be still given out? I haven't had Asthma for 10 years, but i've read they will make me do the peak flow diary? Does it depend on the Doc on the day?

Just wondering if i ought to get practicing using the peak flow instrument!

Many thanks guys!

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Not sure what the current rules are to be honest, hopefully @Hoofin , @The guide or @CHUB! can advise.

3. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Is this for the medical? They Will definitely test your peak flow, but it's not something that needs 'training' if you haven't had asthma for a while. It's quite a hard test to fail.

4. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    To add to that:
    I haven't had asthma for a good 14 or so years, but I apparently blew 'well over average' according to the doc, so don't worry too much!

5. cantthinkofaname

cantthinkofaname New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Any idea what your result was mate? I think its dependent on height as well so how tall are you if you don't mind me asking, cheers :)

6. StrSam

StrSam New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I'm 6ft (and 3/4 ;)) and he didn't tell me my score he just made that comment about it being well over. I believe you get three attempts at it also.
    If you are super worried about it, I'm sure they're cheap to buy from Amazon!