Peaked? bored? or lazy??

Warehamlad

Reaction score
ive been training for a very long time now and i have always been a good runner. i always complete my runs and do not stop until i have run the distance i set out to do... until today! i went for a run as usual and even though i was saying in my head to myself "what do you think you are you doing you *text deleted**text deleted*!" i just stopped and walked, i really wanted to carry on but i just couldnt be arsed and i'd only ran about a mile and a half (i usually do 3-6 mile runs). im a little worried and *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* off about it, ive got my prmc in less than 4 weeks and im worried that i've peaked too early as im getting really fed up and bored of training on my own and recently my running has been at awesome standard but its just feeling like a chore now. i can still run great when it matters though and when i run with my freind who's on week 15of RT i keep up the pace with him and he tells me il pass prmc fine... Or maybe im knackered or am just having a bad day... i dont know?? has anyone else ever felt like this?? or had a similar problem? i could do with some advice as i obviously dont want my standard to drop before prmc.

Taylor

Reaction score
:dito:

I train harder when training in a group or with others.

Motivation.

Just try and find somebody to train with, it helps me alott.

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
same as

i have my good and bad days one day ill be on a run smashing it six miles and nothing can stop me but on the otherhand i find it hard to get out the door training on *text deleted* own does get hard but you *text deleted* see past it and realise why your doing it, find a training partner its what we all need where are you from ?

Jask1982

Reaction score
i've gotten into the same kinda situation, i'm getting bored of training. bored for press ups sit ups etc bored of running too, and i really badly neeed to improve on my 3miler time. i find it really hard to push myself on your my and i've unfortantly got no one to train with gggrrrr.

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like just a bit of a motivation problem, dont worry too much as we all get days like that. Rest assured There will be pently of motivation to go round when it comes to your PRMC.

I had a similar problem last Saturday, I had gone to the gym to do a swim circuit and thought I would do a quick 4 mile warm up on the treadmill first. Ended up coming off and getting in the pool after 10 minutes, not becuase I was tried but just because I was bored and I couldn't be arsed.

The important thing is to ensure you keep the exercise up, especially leading up to your PRMC to make sure that your actual physical fitness does not drop.

0.01%

Reaction score
Wouldn't worry too much, sure most people go through the same emotions and thoughts at some point. Just keep reminding yourself before and during your runs the reasons you are doing it, and that you NEED to keep it up to get fitter / stronger.

And on your PRMC you'll be fine, as in your mind you know it is what all those months have been for and that it will end soon enough, and the pain will all be worth it. And once you get the next few weeks of hard work out the way you can spend a few days on the lash, keep telling yourself that mate!

Warehamlad

Reaction score
well im glad im not the only one anyway. i think i might vary my week a bit more, instead of trying to run 4 days a week i should replace 2 of them with swimming and cycling just to break it up for a couple of weeks then kane the running a week before. at the mo when im running im thinking to myself "i'll Run 6 miles tommorrow and 3 the next day, then i can rest... press ups and sit ups before bed... then..." and it just seems like ive got 4 weeks of gruelling hardcore training (on my own) ahead of me, as obviously i want to train my hardest at this point. thinking about it too much maybe? i feel like if my prmc was tommorrow i could do it but now ive got to keep it up for 4 weeks and am loosing motivation. ill just dig in and try again tommorow. cheers guys.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If u think *text deleted* at a good fitness level to pass PRMC, don't keep trying to improve because you don't want to burn yourself out before PRMC. Aim to maintain *text deleted* current fitness and stay injury free and you'll be ready to smash PRMC in 4 weeks. One good tip if u want reduce your training volume so you're rested for PRMC, maintain the intensity (speed) and decrease the duration (how long)