people who have recently done prmc

jonesey

Reaction score
to all those that have just done there prmc, just a couple of questions.
1. how did you guys find it?
2. the training program that you did to get fit for the prmc, did it help at all with your performance at prmc?
3. do you have any tips?

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'll get back to you on Friday mate...

There tomorrow... AHHHH!

Commando Kennedy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i didnt find it 2 hard!..my training programme has helped loadssss and ye don't funkin scratch in the gym and keep *text deleted* head down n do as *text deleted* told!

good luck

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
all rite commando kennedy???thought it was tough,but not as tough as i expected.hope to see you in recruit training.still waiting for a date:dontaskme:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
same..

it was very hard work, but again not as hard as expected...but thats down to preperation..train for the hardest scenario and youll be fine no matter ehat they throw at you !

dont scratch or fidget in the gym...or when doing drill...

dont give up on anything you do...specially the determination test obviously.

give it max effort on everything...after all this is what youve been training for isnt it? dont go home thinking you could have done better. Go home thinking you gave it every little bit you have, that way, pass or fail, youll know youve got a fair result..

regard to training program, just practice the main exercises all the time, and keep doing it! running aswell, only way to get to PRMC standard is practice ! and then more practice! and then train a bit more ! *text deleted*

good luck i spose !

:cool:

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
the best way to think of it is one , big job interview. they are watching you at all times so be *text deleted* best at all the time

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i recon prmc was great. i recon the most difficult thing was the 3 mile run.
and i didn't really have a training programme as such. i would try and go out on a run as often as i could during the week, between 3 to 5 times a week. all 4 mile runs, 1 mile warm up 1.5 in 12:30 and 1.5 in under 10:30, and it was always up and down hills so when it came to the flat it was a lot easier.

did hae much of an uppper body workout thing going on, i would just do press ups every time i left my room 35 reps, and pull ups every time i went in my room, at least 4 each time.

and that was what i done for about 2 months befor prmc. but befor that i used to do circuits at college, and ride my bike quite a bit.
i also walked everywhere, at least 6 miles a day just going places, i.e. girlfriends and work and back.

and yeah it did help quite a bit. expecially the circuits i done, i done a really hard circuit once in college and i found it harder than the determination test which in my opinion was easier than expected. we done mini circuits that really weren't hard at all. the running up the hill was hard though and going under the monkey bars was good fun *text deleted*.

but yeah with everything i done it did help. just concentrated on press ups, pull ups and running. i also done a fair bit of weight training at my gym which boosted my press ups.

jonesey

Reaction score
thanks guys, that has filled me with confidence, because that is basically what i have been doing lots of sprints and long distance running.
i have my prmc on the 11 nov just wondering if anyone will be attending that date??
also how was the interview with corporal?

jcooke

Reaction score