Peoples max scores going into PRMC

the_robmeister

Reaction score
With my PRMC coming up, im just wondering what everyones best scores were with their push ups, pull ups, and sit ups just before the PRMC, then what they acheived in the test?

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
pull ups 16.

sit ups 92

push ups 58....im sure i can beat this too....

all done at the weekend....got a while before my prmc.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Thats loads mate!
Im thinking i might have to put my PRMC back as im not near enough to the standards required. Its really gutting but i dont want to fail then wait 6 months :cry:

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
the_robmeister said:
Thats loads mate!
Im thinking i might have to put my PRMC back as im not near enough to the standards required. Its really gutting but i dont want to fail then wait 6 months :cry:
Mate best thing to do is try testing yourself like this -

3miler (do 1.5 in the 12.5mins allowed for the 1st bit then run the 2nd 1.5 best effort)
Pull Up's - 2mins
Sit Up's - 2mins
Pull Up's - Max

Do them all one after eachother ..... this will kinda recreate gym test 1. You probably know all this anyways mate but jus thought i'd post it. At least you'll have a rough idea what you can do.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
Thats a good idea actually mate, i hadnt thought of that for some reason :eek:ops:

Its just i still have 3 weeks so will improve a bit in this time, but cant guarantee i will improve enough to pass. But this is a good indication so thanks :D

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
the_robmeister said:
Thats a good idea actually mate, i hadnt thought of that for some reason :eek:ops:

Its just i still have 3 weeks so will improve a bit in this time, but cant guarantee i will improve enough to pass. But this is a good indication so thanks :D
No worries mate, glad to help :D i'm sure you'll return the favour and clue us all in when your back from prmc :D

I'd say if you made that kinda programme your main focus you'll get the progress your looking for in the next 3wks

Steve.

the_robmeister

Reaction score
I think i might see if the 30/10/07 course has places left and move to that if possible. I think those couple of extra weeks really might make the difference between passing the PRMC and failing it :?

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Well mate thats the one im on :D But do what you think is right for you mate ... to be fair you've got this far, dont be letting other peoples scores put you off mate ... just go & do your thing!

the_robmeister

Reaction score
I agree with you there, i dont think comparin myself to other people will help me at all, but just those couple of extra weeks could make so much of a difference. I think il test myself tomorrow and then see what im capable of

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im on the 30th one to0 and Im a bit worried about my scores and I was thinking about putting my date back but ive got about 5 weeks left and thats enough time to get fit for it.
I think alot of peoples scores on this web site are really good mainly *text deleted* alot of people on this are REALLY interested in the marines thats why their on this web site all the time *text deleted*. I think if you keep training in 3 weeks time you should be ok. And dont let other peoples good scores put you off after all i dont think thats the objective off this forum.
Maybe someone whose done the prmc will know better....?

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i done one four years ago, but never took any further, (wasnt ready for commitment, and the thought of them bastards made me want to *text deleted* myself). hoping for a date for my next in about six weeks though. (the thought of them bastards still makes me a little uneasy, but im glad to say, i can now control my bowel movements :wink: )

all i can say is, *text deleted* what everyone else does on the day phys wise. its a single effort mostly. do your best and then that little bit more.

i suppose you could improve your scores a little bit if you got three weeks left, but, depending on what they are now, you could go and burn yourself out and go there tired. definitely do not want that. you should rest for three/four days before you go, so really you may only have two and a half weeks. hows the scores looking at the min mate.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
but mosr most peeps can piss all over me in the running...so maybe im to bulky??